Chapter Twelve

"Sweet Pea!" Adeline squealed as he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

"I told you not to run." Sweet Pea simply stated.

"I saw a butterfly!" Adeline retorted.

"Yeah, you tripped over nothing and now you have a sprained ankle."

"It was worth it." She crossed her arms and felt Sweet Pea sit her down on the table. He took off her converse and inspected her foot.

"Good news, it's not broken." He said once he finished looking at her foot.

"Yeah, no shit."

"Don't use th- did you just curse?" Sweet Pea questioned. He finished tying her shoe lace and stared at her.

"She did." Fangs says popping out of nowhere.

Adeline jumped and glared at Fangs,"You scared me."

He only shrugged and said,"Oops." She reach over and smacked him in the back of his head. Fangs winced and rubbed the spot.

"Adeline," Fangs whined.

"Fangs," she whined back.

"Who's in the mood for Pop's?" Jughead asked, walking up to them with Toni.

The three teenagers looked at each other before jumping up and racing towards the bikes.

"Wait!" Adeline said gasping. She rested her hands on her knees before turning to Sweet Pea. "Carry me, please?" She looked up at him and widened her big blue eyes. Sweet Pea knew he couldn't resist her with those eyes staring up at him. Even just a glance at her would make him feel weak. He sighed and crouched down for her to climb on his back.

"Whipped," Fangs coughed from behind them.

"Shut up," Sweet Pea said with a light blush forming on his cheeks. Toni took the opportunity to snap a photo of Sweet Pea smiling softly and Adeline laughing on his back. She thought those two were perfect for each other and if anyone were to mess with one of them, the other would be ready to fight back and defend them.

《   》

When they entered Pop's, all eyes were on them. It made Adeline feel a bit uncomfortable which made her play with the sleeve of her hoodie. Sweet Pea noticed her behavior and took her hand into his and led her to a table. She smiled to herself and felt less nervous. They all sat in a booth and began to think of what they were going to order.

"If we're the ones that's waiting for the waiter, then doesn't that make us the waiter?" Adeline wondered out loud. Fangs and Sweet Pea looked at her dumbfounded and stared down at the table.

"Jeez Addy, I think you broke them." Jughead joked.

"Don't think too much, it'll hurt your brains." Toni said to the two boys. They both glared at her and threw napkins on the pink haired girl. Adeline was quick to slap both their hands and scold them about making a mess.

"Sorry, Addy." They mumbled silently and continued to glare at Toni. Adeline shook her head at them and began fixing the napkins.

"Kids."

Finally, a waiter named Evan came up to them and began to take their order.

"Adeline, the usual?" Evan asked her with knowing smile.

"You know it." She smiled back. Sweet Pea narrowed his eyes at Evan and began to glare at him from behind Adeline. Evan noticed the Serpent glaring at him and began to feel nervous.

"What about you guys?" Evan asked, avoiding any eye contact with Sweet Pea.

"A strawberry milkshake with fries." Toni said.

"A burger with onion rings and a vanilla milkshake." Fangs replied.

"The usual, Jughead?" Evan asked. Jughead nodded back at him. It was time for Sweet Pea to order and Evan looked down at his notepad.

"I would like the same as Adeline." Sweet Pea said in a hard voice with eyes staring straight at Evan. Adeline noticed the tension beginning to form and held Sweet Pea's hand under the table.

"I'll be back with your orders in a bit." Evan said letting out a breath before speed walking away.

Once he walked away, Adeline stared at the boy in front her,"You nearly made him piss his pants. What happened?"

"I didn't like the way he was looking at you." Sweet Pea admitted. Adeline and Jughead looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. "What's so funny?" He asked, blushing.

Adeline looked him  in the eyes and replied,"He's gay."

《   》

oh, goshhhh I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! I just had a lot of work and a project that made me wanna pull my hair out. Btw, this is really unedited and I apologize for the mistakes.

Vote and Comment xx