Chapter 7: Fun in the Sun

Start from the beginning

"Explain."

"I've just notice how he doesn't act the way Draco does. Harry seems to go along with what he says, seeking him for comfort and advise. I figured he had to be younger I was just unaware by how much," the blonde nods along with his friend's logic. "And although he was a bit hestitant and weary I had to feed him his sippy cup last night. It was obvious he enjoyed it plus what he called me yesterday. I think hr's slipping into headspace. Slowly but he's getting there.Once we get him back home and into a stable routine he'll fall right in. He needs to embrace his little side as those damn relatives of his clearly haven't treated him right and probably trained him to believe he isn't a Little," Severus sighed at the end of his mini rant and turned towards the two boys who were still concentrating on the tv screen.

"I get what you mean Sev. I can't wait to have him home and comfortable with us, to have a full fledged baby nephew that I can sneak sweets to like you do with Draco."

"I do no such thing." Severus sniffed at the air.

"We'll just have to be very gentle and understanding as he isn't quite sure of me," Lucius continues as if Severus had never spoken. "Let's just spend the next few days having fun. It'll allow some bonding time and Harry will be free to act as he pleases without the fear of punishment and properly see the outside world. We need to show him that there are people like us that care. So far he's settling for you but he's still painfully timid, it can't be good." Lucius pauses to think so a moment. What would be a good family friendly activity?

"Swimming! We could go swimming today have a splash around. The boys will love it," he smiled at his great thinking, though Severus isn't so sure.

"Are you sure that's a good idea. What if he can't swim? And we don't have any swim nappies."

"Dear friend you forget we packed plenty. As for swimming we'll stay in the shallow end and keep a close eye on the tykes alright?" Severus nodded, swimming didn't sound too bad of an idea now.

"Boys come here please," Lucius calls out. Both boys slip off the sofa, Harry a bit more carefully, and fiddle over to the adults.

"Yes, papa?" Draco questions,  taking a hold of Harry's hand who nibbled on his fingers nervously.

"How would you two like to go swimming in the lake near here?" Draco's eyes widened as he let out an excited squeal. That sounded brilliant especially when he remember the waterfall. He loved going behind it although papa or Uncle Sev had to come with him. He wasn't sure if he'd get a chance to anyway, baby Harry was probably too little.

Harry isn't as excited. But if they were all going he didn't want to be left out... or behind.

"It'll be fine Harry, trust me. Now let's get you ready and having fun." When the ravenette nodded he allowed Severus to pick him up and get him redressed in a pair of swim nappies and trunks while Lucius did the same for Draco.

Harry clung to Sev all through the walk to the lake, burying his head in the crook of the man's shoulder. Petrified wasn't near as close to describing how Harry felt at the moment.

Come on,little one. The water's fine." Lucius, Severus, and Draco were all standing in the shallow lake by the cabin. Even with their unexpected new addition Lucius wanted everyone to remember that this is still a vacation.  and if this was just also an opportunity to bring Harry and Severus closer together with some quality bonding time that was just an added bonus in purely coincidental.

"Yeah baby Harry come play." because of the hot day Lucius knew it was the perfect time for everyone to go for a swim. Himself and Severus had changed into swim trunks and getting the little ones into a swim diaper and their own trunks was easy enough. The problem arose when everyone was heading into the water. It seems as soon as Harry realized what the group was about to partake in immediately drew into himself and stayed by the edge of the water line.  he walked as far as he dared I want to go running back as the waves lap at his feet. It would be a truly adorable sight if it wasn't for the completely terrified look on the little boy's face.

"No wawa! Big Wawa bad," he's almost in tears before he turns to Severus, who's barely getting his feet wet, and holds up his arms in the universal sign of wanting to be picked up. The dour man immediately complies with the request and swoops the Little into a firm embrace.

"It's alright little one," he hushes.

"Not little," Harry mumbles all while snuggling deeper into the older man's chest.

"I know, I know. Why don't we try getting our feet wet?" Cautiously, so that Harry could tell Severus if he didn't want to or couldn't handle it, Severus makes his way into the water with the scared Little in his arms. Once it reaches his midcalf Draco comes padding over while Lucius stays a respectable distance to watch the interaction and still be close if needed. Even slower this time Severus eases into a sitting position cooing and saying reassuring phrases once Harry's body touches the water and he consequently tenses up.

"Water can be so much fun baby Harry."

"But wawa be bad when Harry 'lone." The adults tense up. They have some idea of how dangerous it must've been for such a young Little to live on his own in a way that Harry did but to add a near-drowning experience to the already traumatized boy is unimaginable. It's truly a miracle that he survived at all.

"Papa always tells me to never go in water without him 'cause it is not safe but now it is since i have papa and you have Uncle Sev. Craning his neck Harry looks at Severus and lock startling green eyes with his pitch black ones.

"You no leave."

"I promise I won't leave." After that Harry seems to relax and after a couple more minutes gets up and starts playing with Draco. The two splash and wade in and out of the water under Severus and Lucius' watchful gaze. Half an hour later the boys are having a blast running and splashing  whereas the adults are deep in conversation. They turn their head for a second before a shrill cry has them snapping back to attention and rushing to the scene. Harry must've tripped in his excitement of catching Draco. He came up completely soaked and sputtering. There's all of three seconds of stunned silence before Harry breaks into loud uncontrollable sobs.

"I think it's time to go."

"Indeed." Picking up Harry, the little family make their back to the cabin for a nice calm down and a quick nap.