The class was Gryffindor and Slytherin, it was obvious from how the students had parted into two sides and Draco's plantinum stood out like a fire signal.

Arlene stood up and dusted her shirt "Planning world domination, you?"

Lupin chuckled "We were just about to leave you, it's a practical lesson, we're not taking it the classroom."

"Uh huh." She dismissed what he was saying as she looked at her reflection on the window, putting her semi wet hair into a messy bun.

Lupin smiled in amusement "Right then, if you'd follow me."

A wave of whispers started, everybody started wondering what they were going to do as he led them along the deserted corridor and around the corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves, who was filling the keyhole of a cupboard with gum.

"Hey Peeves." Arlene waved at the poltergeist, who waved back with a smile that meant mischief.

"Loony, loopy Lupin," Peeves started to sing "Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin!"

Rude and unmanageable as he almost always was, Peeves usually showed some respect toward the teachers, everyone looked quickly at Professor Lupin to see how he would take this, to their surprise, he was still smiling.

"I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves," he said pleasantly "Mr. Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms."

Arlene snorted loudly, as if Peeves was going to obey.

Professor Lupin gave a small sigh and took out his wand.

"This is a useful little spell," he told the class over his shoulder "please watch closely."

He raised the wand to shoulder height, said, "Waddiwasi!" and pointed it at Peeves, with the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves's left nostril; he whirled up- right and zoomed away, cursing.

Arlene raised an eyebrow at him, unless it was the Bloody Baron, Peeves was rarely defeated by anyone.

"Cool, sir!" said Dean Thomas, expressing the amazement they were all feeling.

"Thank you, Dean," said Professor Lupin, putting his wand away again "shall we proceed?"

The increased respect for Lupin hung in the air as he led them into the Staffroom.

It was empty except for Snape, who sat in his desk correcting some papers.

They made eye contact and he glared at her, as if expecting her to cower, obviously he didn't know her at all, because instead of turning away, she held his gaze, not blinking as she summoned the deadliest 'I will murder you in your sleep' glare.

"Leave the door open, Lupin," Snape said as he stood up "I'd rather not witness this."

At the doorway, he turned on his heel "Possibly no one has warned you, but this class has Neville Longbottom, don't entrust him with anything difficult, unless you have Ms. Black and Ms. Granger holding his hands."

Neville went scarlet, giving Snape the stink eye, Arlene stepped forward and put a reassuring hand on Neville's shoulder, using all her will power not to raise her middle finger.

It was obvious Lupin wasn't happy with how Snape was talking to the boy "Actually, I was hoping he would help me with first step, and I'm sure he'll perform it admirably."

Snape sneered then turned and closed the door behind his with a snap.

Arlene rolled her eyes at his childlessness as a loud bang was heard.