George~ Wedding

Sun glistened through tattered blinds of the small bedroom in the Burrow. Y/N Lupin opened her eyes. The sudden realization of what day it was hit her in an instant. It was her wedding day to the love of her life, George Weasley. She had fallen in love with him on the train to Hogwarts their first year. They became best friends and fell in love. The two decided to get married before the impending war. The success of George and his twin brother’s Fred’s joke shop Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes allowed them to afford the wedding before they could have imagined. Y/N and George decided to get married at the Burrow so that all their friends and family could attend. The couple wanted to make sure the friends and family still at Hogwarts could attend so, the date was during the Christmas holidays. Y/N slipped into her white slippers and tiptoed to the window as to not let the creaking sound echo through the whole of the house. Y/N looked through the blinds. It was snowing and the garden was thoroughly covered in fluffywhite snow. Arthur Weasley and Percy Weasley were busy at work setting up tents with their wands at the ready.

A knock at the door came startling Y/N. “ Yes?” Y/N asked. “ It’s me Deary” the familiar voice of Molly Weasley rang through the room as she opened the door. “ Oh you stay away from that window! George is going out there soon. It’s bad luck to see ‘em.” Y/N giggled and nodded. Ginny followed behind her mother. “ You should see George. Bundle of nerves. Honestly, if he memorised his school work like he has this wedding he would have been smarter than Hermione.” The girls laughed. Angelina Black, Y/N’s best friend and George’s twin brother’s fiancée was the last to enter the room. “ Today’s the day! Fred is over trying to calm him down. ”

After breakfast the work began. Hermione Granger, one of Y/N’s bridesmaids arrived just as Y/N was getting her hair done. “ Hello everybody! I’m so excited.” She sat down ready to get her unruly hair tamed for the day. Ginny began to brief Y/N on what was happening downstairs. “ Charlie has arrived on schedule, Bill and Phlegm-” “Ginevra!” Molly yelled scolding Ginny. “ Sorry Mum. Bill and Fleur will be here in an hour. Your father is downstairs pacing and the rest of the guest will arrive before the ceremony.” Y/N nodded. It was time for the make up. Angelina and the other bridesmaids put on their royal blue flowing dresses. “ Fred is going to drop dead when he sees you.” Ginny joked to Angelina. Angelina blushed brushing her curly black hair out of her eyes. “ Oh hush up!” Angelina pouted crossing her arms like a child. Hermione and Ginny laughed.

All the bridesmaids had left the room to perform various tasks .Y/N stepped into her dress. Molly was teary eyed helping lace up the exquisite gown. Y/N looked into the mirror and gave a bitter sweet smile. “ Mrs Weasley-” “ It’s Molly dear. For goodness sake in an hour you’ll be mrs Weasley.” Y/N smiled realizing it was true. “ Molly it is than…I want to thank you. My mum can’t be here but, i’m happy you’re here.” That was enough to make Molly cry. “ Don’t cry! Than i’ll cry. This makeup is expensive.” Y/N said laughed fanning tears out of her eyes. “ I’m glad I got another daughter. If I get one more son it’s off to the madhouse with me. Here’s hoping all your children are girls!” Y/N laughed and hugged Molly. She would remember this moment forever.

Y/N was ready. Her gown was beautiful with intricate lace detailing. Her hair was beautifully curled and pinned back. Y/N wore the silver crystal olive branch headband her father had bought her for the Yule Ball. She stepped into her silver crystal heels she had wore to dance the night away with George at their time at Hogwarts. Y/N looked inside the worn silver locket around her neck. Seeing the only family picture of her whole family before her mother died. Y/N mother’s smiling face reassured her everything would be okay. A knock came at the door. “ Come in!” Y/N called cheerfully. Her father Remus Lupin stepped in. His black suit was crisp and pressed. He fumbled with his royal blue tie. “ Y/N…you look stunning darling.” Y/N giggled and ran over into her father’s arms. “ You look so dapper in your suit Daddy.” Remus chuckled. “ Thank you Darling. Are you ready?” Y/N nodded locking arms with her father. “Ready.”