Chapter 2

He smiled at me. "You just have to promise not to run me over with your car." I laughed.

   "I'm sorry. And I nearly hit you, but I didn't. Are you sure you don't want me to take you anywhere?" I asked.

   He smirked. "Actually," He began. "Are you free Saturday?" He asked. I blushed.

   "Uh. . . I think so. Why?" I already knew.

   "Do you want to take me out for dinner and a movie? At eight p.m?" He continued to smirk.

    "Uh. . . " I felt myself blush. "I'm not. . . uh. . . " What should I say? I gave up with a sigh. "Okay. Fine."I smiled at him. "But, who are you?" I asked.

   He smiled. "My name is Shadow the Hedgehog." He said with a bow. "You are?"

   I giggled. "I am Amy Rose." To be just as silly, I curtsied.  He laughed and I smiled.

   "So, Rose, Saturday?" He asked.

   "Amy is fine. And yes. Saturday." I nodded, my long mid-back length quils bouncing slightly.

   His smile softened. "Rose sounds so much more. . ." He paused as if he were thinking. "Worthy of you." He finished with a smirk.

   I smiled. "Worthy?" I asked. "So, Amy isn't good enough.?" I teased. He shook his head.

   "No, that's not what I meant." He said defensively. "I just meant that Rose suits you better."

   I blushed. "Well. . . Um. . . Thanks?" I said. He opened his mouth to say something, but was quickly cut off by the honk of a car horn. I looked towards my car. Cream had her head out the drivers side window, her hands pressed against the car horn. "Hurry up! I mean, is he dead?" She hollered.

   I rolled my emerald eyes in annoyance. "No, Cream. He's not dead." I turned to her, crossing my arms over my chest.

   "Well, then hurry up! Everybody's waiting on us!" She honked the horn again.

   Shadow laughed at her ridiculous behavior. I smiled.

   "Will you shut up! We'll be there when we get there." I responded. Cream stuck out her tongue. I laughed. She was something else. I turned back to the ebony male. "Hey, um, me and my friends are having a picnic up at the park. Do you wanna come?" I asked him.

   His eyes widened and a slight blush painted his cheeks. "Um. . . Is it okay if I do?" He asked in return.

   I smiled. "Yeah." I assured him. "Nobody'll mind." I said as I led him to my car. "Do you want to sit up front? I can make Cream move." I offered. Cream glared at me.

   Shadow shook his head. "No." He said. "It's fine. I'll sit in the back." He opened the door, climbed in, and shut it.

   I plopped down in the drivers seat and we were off. Cream turned to look at him.

   "I'm Cream." She waved. Shadow nodded and waved back.

   "I'm Shadow." He replied. Cream smiled cheerfully.

   "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Shadow." The small sixteen year old stuck out her hand. Shadow shook it with a smile.

   "I'm only nineteen. I'm still to young to be a 'mister'." He smiled. "But, it's nice to meet you too, Cream." 

   Cream turned back around in her seat and, once again, fiddled with the radio.

   I rolled my eyes with a smirk. My gaze flickered to the mirror. I could see Shadow staring out the window. "So, how ya' doing back there?" I asked

   Shadow looked at me and shrugged. "I'm fine." He said with a tired smile. "A little hungry, but fine."

   I laughed. "Well, you're in luck. We're here." I said as I pulled into the parking lot.

   "Finally!" Cream yelled with an exasperated sigh. Before I could see the team, Cream was pointing and shouting. "There they are!"

   I winced as she yelled. "Okay, enough, Cream!" I laughed. Once I'd seen everyone I parked. We all got out of the car and practically ran up to them, well, all except Shadow. He kind of straggled behind. I stopped to wait for him and Cream proceeded to run ahead.

   Once he caught up, we started walking. "C'mon." I motioned for him to move faster as I jogged ahead. "I'll introduce you to everyone."

   He laughed and jogged after me. "Okay, than." He smiled.

   As we approached the picnic tables, a blue hedgehog with bright jade eyes was chowing down on a chili dog. "Hey, Sonic!" I hollered with a wave. He gulped down his food and waved back.

   "Hey, Ames! What's up?" He flashed me one of his signature smirks.

   I shrugged. "Nothing much. Just about hit a guy with my car on the way here. No biggie." I said nonchalantly, brushing my quills off my shoulders.

   Sonic looked at me as if I was crazy. "I'm serious. The guy and I are cool now though so, it's fine." I said. "You want to meet him?" I asked.

   Sonic shook his head. "You are completely and absolutely nuts, Amy." He said with a laugh.

   "I know." I replied cheerfully. "And everybody loves me for it."

   Sonic sighed  with a smile. "We sure do, Ames." He patted my back.

   I smiled as Shadow approached. "Sonic, this is Shadow. Shadow, this is Sonic." I said with a chipper smile.

  Sonic's smile faltered and he stiffened.

  Shadow held a similar look.

  What the hell was going on?