Chapter 11: Beetroots are purple...

Start from the beginning

Ew, stop it, Nat!

We walk into the cafeteria together, Chloe, Bubbles and I turn to walk away but the boys pull Bubbles and me back. 

"What?" Bubbles says. She shoves Callum's arm from off her. 

"We'll give you free pizza," Leo says.

"Ok, I'm in," Bubbles allows Callum's arm to go around her. Alex doesn't doesn't take his arm off me as we walk towards his table.  

We sit down on the high stools and I spread out my lunch. Alex and I get into an argument about whether or not Brussel sprouts are tasteless. Leo, Bubbles and Callum are laughing. And I see Callum giving Bubbles these...looks

Naw, they're in love. 

***

"I can't believe that's a word," Bubbles laughs at Leo. 

"The act of throwing something out of a window?" Leo raises his eyebrows at her, scrolling through his phone. "Of course its a word."

"Defenestration definitely needs to be a word," Callum joins in. Alex and I have stopped our debate on why cheeseburgers are better than Big Macs to listen in. They keep laughing at google until Alex pipes up.  

"It does, I wanna do defenestration to Greg right here! Cheeseburgers are wayyy better than big macs," he shoves me and I almost fall off my chair, but he catches my arm and pulls me up. I shove him and he actually falls off his chair.

"I wish your chair was a window, Patricia," I huff, raising my eyebrows at him and smirking. 

Alex gets back on his chair and sits down, glaring at me, I smile evilly and I see a tinge of a smile on his face.

I start packing up my stuff when the bell rings. Alex and I walk off to music, the only class I don't have with Bubbles. 

"I don't even know how you're into  Maccas Big Macs," he shakes his head as we walk. 

"What I don't know is how you even like their cheeseburgers," I shake my head. 

"You are unbelievable," he shoves me into a locker and I bang my head.

"OW!" 

"Sorry, I think your brain needs to move into the right position so that you can realize that CHEESEBURGERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN BIG MACS!"

I roll my eyes, smiling. 

A bunch of girls walk up to us, they look like Amanda's minions, Amanda herself isn't with them, she must be in a different class. Their voices remind me of the ones that assumed the wrong thing this morning. 

"So, you two huh?" says a small blonde with a high ponytail that makes her eyebrows reach her hairline. Before I can respond Alex wraps an arm around my waist and walks me into class. I sit next to Meghan and Alex follows. 

"Just ignore them, you know what Amanda's like," he says, I nod. But if Amanda finds out who I am she'll probably annoy me even more...

***

My next class is French. Glenna, Noah and I are asked to stay back to make the brochures. I try to ask Glenna some questions, but she doesn't want to have a conversation I suppose. We design them first on a device then send them to the school printer. None of the others really said anything, and I'm the only one coming up with the ideas, which I feel bad about. Usually I'm the one in a group of strangers that have lots of bright ideas, but never get asked about my own. I ask them for their ideas but they don't say anything, apart from telling me mine are great. I feel really guilty. We walk to the library together, and, since Glenna doesn't want to talk, I speak to Noah.