Chapter 11: Beetroots are purple...

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Nat here is too humble for her own good," Meghan explains.

"Well, of course, she is," Bubbles smiles at me and links my arm in hers. "Let's go to calculus," she leads me down the hallway.

Thank God for Bubbles.

***

We walk into calculus together and take a seat, Chloe walks in a few minutes later and sits down next to us. We talk for a few minutes, not about Alex, though, which I'm grateful for. 

Speaking of the devil, he himself walks in with Leo and Callum by his side, but instead of sitting in their normal seats at the back, he comes and sits down right next to me. I groan.

"What do you want, sugar pie?" I ask him.

"I want you to play with my hair again," he wiggles his eyebrows. I don't notice everyone around us raise their eyebrows.

"I want to knock you out with a basketball... again" I roll my eyes. 

"You only did that to play with my hair," he says, smirking.

"In your dreams... and my nightmares," I mumble. He laughs, the cute grin showing as I look up at him, I smile.

"Yeah I'll think of you in my bed," he smirks again.   

"ALEX!" I smack him across the desk as the teacher walks in, giving us strange glances.

***

After taking notes and ten minutes into the lesson I feel Alex's knee hitting mine.

"Will you stop?" I glare at him and go back to my notes. He smirks but five minutes later I feel him hitting me with his knee again. I draw mine back and whack it into his shin. 

"OW!" he yelps. The teacher turns around and glares at him.

"Mr Collins, my lessons have been disrupted by you enough times. Please take some time to go outside and calm yourself," the teacher shoos him off. He stands up and I snort. He glares down at me and I shrug, trying not to burst out laughing in the middle of the lesson. 

Alex walks outside and comes back in a few minutes later. I squeal with laughter. He sits down beside me. "Shut up." 

I laugh again. "Ok, don't kick me then," I return to my notes and he rolls his eyes. Honestly, who does he think he is?

***

When the lesson finishes I wait outside for my friends. I'm about to go back inside to get them when I come face to face with Amanda.

"What do you think you're doing?" she says angrily.

"Um... Sorry, what?" I say, hoping she hasn't recognized me.  

"Stay away from Alex, he's mine," she says. What the nugget? Wow, well this isn't totally mean girl stereotyped.

"Ok, Regina," I say. She gapes at me angrily, about to retort when Alex walks around the corner and throws an arm around me. 

"Greg," he smiles at me before noticing Amanda. "Amanda," he nods sourly and spins me around without a second glance at Amanda. We walk towards Chloe, Bubbles, Leo and Callum. Alex looks at me. 

"You good?" he asks me.

"What do you mean?"

"You clearly don't like her," he states. I nod.

"Yeah, thanks," I say, biting my lip, he doesn't know that mini, one-sided conversation was about him. He stares at me for a few extra seconds before looking away. The fact that he's asking if I'm OK melts my heart.