Iman-I shouldn't have led you on for all those years but I really did have strong feelings for you. But....

Me-You're married and I understand that. You're in love with your wife and I respect her as a woman and I wouldn't even dream of trying to get back into a relationship with you.

Iman-Bri, would you mind coming over later tonight for dinner? Aria wanted to talk to you and I want you to meet the kids. They know that you're having their little sister and they want to meet you.

Me-Yea I'll come over. What time?

Iman-Around 6:30.

Me-Ok I'll be there.

Iman-I'll text you the address.

I nod and then walk him to the door.

Once he leaves, I go back into the livingroom where my brothers are.

Jakhary-How did the talk go?

Me-It went good. I'm going over for dinner tonight with his family.

Zachary-You're going to dinner with his family?

Me-Yea.

They nod.

Me-Y'all, don't look at me like that.

Treyvon-Look Bri. Why are you giving him a second chance after what he did to you? He broke your fucking heart and now you're just going to let him back in?

Me-Yes Trey. I know what he did to me. And yes he broke my heart. But this is still his child that I'm carrying. I have decided to give him this chance to be here for her. So please just respect my decision and don't let y'all tempers get the best of y'all and do nun stupid.

I turn around and go upstairs.  When I told them don't do nun stupid, I was referring to them going to find Iman and hurting him because they been trying to do that for the longest.

Tierra and Deja came in my room as I was about to fall asleep.

Deja-Your brothers asked us to come up here and tell you that they said they're sorry about earlier.

Tierra-They were too scared to come up here themselves because they pissed you off earlier and they didn't know if you was still mad or not.

Me-Its OK. I know that all they want to do is lookout for me and make sure that I don't get my feelings hurt again. 

Tierra-So you're giving Iman a second chance?

Me-Yea. He deserves to be a part of his daughters life so I'm giving him the chance to be here for her.

Deja-Bri, do u still love him?

Me-I do. I don't want to, but I do. And I feel so bad for still having these feelings for him even after I found out he's married.

Tierra-You can't control who you love Bri. It's not a bad thing that you're still in love with him. I mean, you were with him for 5 years. You can't just expect those feelings to disappear after that long of a relationship with this man.

Me-I know. But can y'all help me find some clothes to wear later?

Deja-Yea.

We got up and went uncut closet to find me some clothes to wear. It's 4 now and it takes me a while to get ready.

I take my shower and freshen up, and then I do some light makeup.

I let Tierra do my hair before I get dressed.