The Good ol' Days

"You know, I'm not the best at Good byes"

"Neither am I Quickdraw."

"Take me with you, I don't want to go on without you."

"You know I cant."

"I love you... So much..."

"I know."

Year: 8073: Tower log,  April 6th

Year: 8073: Tower log,  April 6th. Hunter Vanguard, Andel Brask.

"We've come across something thats out of the ordinary. Hell, thats nothing special, shouldn't be anyway. A possible threat may have reared its ugly head but besides all that, nothing special. Zavala sent Saint-14 out into the bogs of Venus to check it out. His fire team should be back by the end of today if everything goes according to plan. Oh yeah, before I forget; theres a new Recruit by the name of Cayde. His ghost just woke him up. He's a wise cracker, with awful jokes at that. He's a pretty decent shot. Maybe he'll become something useful. In the mean time, Its my job to train the joker. Probably gonna send my second in command instead, got other logs to fill out and security systems to update. She'll whip him into better shape. Should be fun to watch."

"Hey, 'ella

"Hey, 'ella. Hand me that wrench would ya'?" Kaine asked from below the white used, and broken down Sparrow. Grunts of hard work coming from the some-odd thirty year old man. A woman, looking to be in her early twenties reached for the tool "Yeah sure." Mirella idly glanced around the hanger, watching everyone go about their day after handing the wrench over. "How long you thinking this thing is gonna take you?" Her fist knocked on the metal of the vehicle, making a high dong sound. "Maybe the end of the day 'ella. I've got other orders to get to besides this. May take longer; considerin' how banged up it is." She sighed admitting defeat. "Looks like I'm grounded for the next few days." Mirella mumbled. The comment being drowned out by a ship engaging its warp engine for space travel. Mirella crossed her arms, watching the ship take flight wishing that was her. "OW!" The loud banging of metal rods hitting the floor caught her attention. "You alright Kaine?" Her face was stoic, but those who were close to her knew she was loyal and kind, although she would often come off as callus and unfeeling to the rookies, which gave her a reputation for being the "White wraith. Or the statue." Depending on who you asked.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." Kaine glanced back at the rods on the chrome grate floor. "Why don't you just leave this to me? You've gotta have other work to do besides stand over me all day. Have you even submitted the field reports to Andel yet?" Kaine asked, wiping his hands of the brown motor oil clinging to his palms. "Now that you mention it, that completely slipped my mind. Just, tell me when its ready. Okay?" She gestured to the sad excuse of half a sparrow, hanging over Kaine's work station.  "You know it. Just go on and get some rest. You'll be out there again in no time 'ella." Giving a friendly wink, Kaine sent Mirella away.

"Ah! Mirella! My favorite." Andel hugged the women, standing nearly as tall as he. "Stop it Andel, people will start to get jealous." She shoved his shoulder to the side, smiling gleefully. "Eh, who cares what they think." He returned the smile, while attempting to rough up her nearly pristine Snow White hair that was neatly tied up in a tight bun. She smacked his hand away. "I don't think so old timer." She narrowed her eyes playfully. Andel lightly chucked, the smile marks around his eyes crinkled, happy to see one of his closest friends come back safely again.

"So, anything to report?" He asked taking the holo map from Mirella. "Other than wishing we were still on hunts together? No. Everything's quiet. Just the occasional fallen supply raids. Nothing I can't handle." She stretched, yawning as she watched Andel look over the map and report. "Everything seems to be normal." His voice lowered almost to a mumble while his eyes flicked over the information, until something caught his eye. "Hmm. You said here there was a spike in cosmic activity?" He pointed to the section he referred too. "Uh, yeah. But only for a couple hours, I stayed back watching for anything, must've been an anomaly." Andel didn't reply, studying the statistics and location of the energy spike. "I'll have to run this by Osiris. In the mean time I have a new mission for you." He waved for Mirella to follow him. "What is it?" she crossed her arms confused as she trailed behind.  "I need you to step in and train a newbie. I've had a lot on my plate lately. Thought you'd be able to handle it." Her face screwed up into a befuddled stare. "I thought we agreed I wouldn't be training anyone else, especially after the incident with Banshee-19. By the way, did he get his core memories back this time?" Andel continued to walk down the long hallway leading to the Vanguards table. "They're starting to come back from what I hear. And this is different. Well, sort of. I'll make sure you're not taking them to the shard for 'exploration'." Mirella's cheeks glowed a light red, feeling embarrassment well up in her chest. "Okay then, who is this guy?" Andel placed the information for Osiris to look over on his section of the table before turning back to Mirella. "His name is Cayde, new recruit from somewhere in old America. His ghost just found him, been here for maybe three days? He's still getting used to the while idea of being a guardian. That being said, take it slow; but by no means take it easy on him. We need all the strong hunters we can get." Mirella nodded, even now she didn't like the idea of training someone. "When do you want me to start?" She bit back her bitterness towards the assignment. Andel could hear a touch of it in her voice, but chose to ignore it. "If you could meet with him tonight that would be a start. I'd like you to begin his training in the morning." Andel reached for an old looking Atlas, from the bookshelves behind him, engrossing himself in the pages. "I'll see what I can do." She bowed out, hoping the rookie was worth her time.