Holidays and surprises

Start from the beginning

E&B

Before we knew it Christmas was here and I got up to Elijah getting ready.

"How do you think today will go?"

"I think as long as we have you things will be alright."

"I really hope so," I told him as I climbed out of bed and he kissed me. We finished getting ready I was in a red dress and he was in his suit like always. Within an hour people were showing up. His would family plus Caroline, Matt, and Sage, then my brothers and Bonnie, Jeremy, Alaric, Charlie, and Liz. Jeremy told me Elena was mad and said there was no way she was coming but I was not too bothered by that.

We all partied and gave one another gifts talking dancing even some karaoke which not everyone is all that good at. But we all had a lot of fun and I was happy we were all here. When dinner came we all set around the table and I was on Elijah's right and he was at the head. He decided to give a toast before we started dinner.

"I would like to thank you all for being here today and spending the day with us. I know it has been a year with a lot going on. I'm grateful though that we can all be together today. That my family is finally together for the first time in a long time but the one I'm most happy about is Isabella coming back into our life's because she always changes everyone around her for the better. I know my whole family is better when she is around. So thank you, everyone, but most of all my beautiful Isabella for being in my life and giving me something to live for and believe in. Cheerers, to another beautiful day and holiday."

We all ate dinner and talked as we did. Just enjoying one another.

As the night wound down and people started to say their goodbyes and then leaving, that is when I realized that I had talked to everyone but Elijah. Stefan and Damon walked over to me and I smiled.
"Thank you for coming, I'm glad you could be here."
"Well we are happy to be here as well," Damon said to me.
"I am truly sorry for the way we have been. I know it is not fair to you at all. But we are really trying and we hope that things will be able to be like they once were. We miss our little sister."
"I missed you too, and I really hope that we are able to make up all the lost time. I love you both."
"We love you too," Damon said and then they pulled me into this group sibling hug, and I just held on and enjoyed the moment of having both of my brothers with me.
"I will see you later right?" I asked once we pulled back.
"Of course we will see you tomorrow. "Stefan said to me. We said goodbye and they left.
I saw Caroline and Rebekah and went over to say goodbye to them before they all left. Charlie left with Liz and soon it was just Elijah and me.
"Well that went pretty well," Elijah said to me as he pulled me into his side.
"I think so too." I leaned up and kissed him and then he swipes me up and carried me bridal style to our room. Once we were in there he set me on the bed.
"You know I have things I need to clean and put away."
"You can in the morning I have your present." He handed me a box that was wrapped beautifully in a gold paper. He had a smile on his face. I smiled at him and opened the box. Inside was another box with tissue paper around it. I smiled at him and picked up the smaller box opened it and pulled out the red box. I was starting to think he got me earrings I had pointed out a few weeks ago. When I opened the box there set a beautiful ring. It was a round diamond in the center with smaller diamonds all around in. I picked it up and saw what was inscribed on the inside. E&B Always and Forever. I looked up at him and he was kneeling in front of me.
"Isabella before you my life was crazy and a mess. I was always fixing things for my siblings. When I meet you that first time in the forest I knew you were different from any other woman I had to meet before you. You have brought a light in my life that I did not know was missing until I met you. You brought a part of me back that I thought I had long lost. I know we have not always been together and we both have been with other people but we always come back to each other. I know that you are the one for me I have never been surer of anything. I want you to be with me forever just like we tried before. I want you to be my wife always and Forever. Will you Isabella Salvatore do me the Honor of becoming my wife and marry me?" I smiled at him and had tears in my eyes.
"Of course I will marry you, Elijah. Nothing would make me happier than finally being your wife." Elijah stood and pulled me into his arms lifting me and twirls me around.
"I love you so much, Isabella"
"I love you, Elijah."
After that, we got ready for bed and I fell asleep in his arms with a huge smile on my face as I took one last look at the ring and the man I loved.