"I know that," Derek sighed. "But since I'm a wanted criminal, it wouldn't be a smart choice. My family's home would be one of the first places they looked."

Brooke sighed and lowered her gaze, knowing he was right.

"Speaking of that," Derek began. "Why exactly am I a wanted criminal?"

This time, it was Brooke's turn to explain. She told him about everything that happened at the school—Allison, Jackson, and Lydia showing up, the janitor being killed, even how she had lost her vision for a minute. Derek's eyebrows scrunched at that information, never hearing anything like it before. Bryan just stared at his daughter angrily; she hadn't mentioned that before.

Once two in the morning had rolled around, Derek decided he should head out. While Brooke was reluctant to let him leave, she had to agree. It was getting late and she was meeting up with Allison and Lydia the next morning to spend the whole day together.

Bryan walked Derek to the door, reminding him to call if he needed anything and that the Moore's would always be there for him. They all exchanged a simple "Stay Safe" and Derek was soon walking back into the nature preserve. Once he had left, Bryan turned to his daughter, giving her the universal disappointed-dad look.

"What?" She asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"You know what."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Brooke said nonchalantly, gathering the mugs and bringing them to the sink.

"Brooke," he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Why didn't you tell me about what happened to your eyes?"

"I forgot?" Brooke tried to lie. The look on Bryan's face assured that he wasn't falling for it. Brooke let out a groan before continuing. "I don't know, dad. I just—I had no idea what it was, and I couldn't find a way to explain it. I didn't want you worrying."

"Didn't want me worrying?" Bryan asked incredulously. "B, you're my daughter. You're my flesh and blood. Of course, I'm going to worry—especially when the supernatural is involved!"

Brooke let out another sigh and hugged her dad. Her action surprised him, but he hugged her back tightly nonetheless. "I'm sorry, dad. I know you worry. I do too—that's why I didn't say anything."

Bryan pulled back and looked at his daughter. "Okay, just... be honest with me from now on, alright?"

Brooke nodded her head before hugging her dad again. When she pulled away, she wished him a goodnight and made her way to her room. Sleep didn't come easy for her that night, her mind jumping around from issue to issue. Thoughts of Derek and Scott, the upcoming full moon, what happened to her at the school, and even Stiles, filled her mind.

******

Miraculously, Brooke got up with her alarm the next morning. She quickly got ready before her dad drove her to Lydia's where she would be spending the night. After Allison texted them that she told Scott not to call her, Lydia declared the need for a girl's night.

Allison had arrived shortly after she did, and the girls spent the day painting their nails, doing face masks, and watching movies. Once Lydia's mom had popped an Ambien and gone to bed, the girls stole a bottle of wine and retreated into Lydia's room.

"I just don't get it!" Allison said, taking a big gulp of the wine. "It's like, he wants me to believe him, but he gives me absolutely no reason to! You can't throw someone into a lake and then expect them to let you drive a boat!"

"That was a terrible analogy!" Lydia said, laughing. She grabbed the bottle from Allison and took an even bigger sip than the brunette. "And besides, at least he cares. You're lucky he's willing to at least try and protect you!"