CHAPTER ONE: OLD FACES

Ever since I moved to Chicago everything's been going downhill. I blame my mother for this, her dense ass making us move to the City my brother died at was point blank stupid. We ain't had no reason to move, especially cause my career was starting off was what made me get pissed even more. I swear that woman ruins everything for me and it ain't nun but hate in my blood for ha. My father he something different. He gets me, he doesn't point the finger at me or make me feel down, he does nothing but make me feel like I can do everything... sadly his talks that were everything to me was cut short three years ago when he died by cancer and then that's when my depression started rolling in..

MULANI's POV.

"Just stay inna car." I rolled my eyes whilst putting plastic bag on each of my feet. I wasn't planning on gettin these balenciagas dirty fa nun, not even my brother.

"Bitch first of all your brother could've been my nigga so I'm coming to see my baby." My bestfriend, Jewel said. I gave into her and she came out the car with me. I've known Jewel since middle school days on Facebook. Even though she lived in Chicago and I lived in New York we still made that shit work and had and still have the tightest bond.

"Girl you see all them fine niggas." J said looking up and down on the niggas down the pathway at a funeral. "I wonder if the nigga who dead fine too". She stopped in her tracks. "Come let's find out."

"Bitch I know you fucking lying". I said grabbing her back cause I know she'll really go and do that.

We went over to my brother grave and when I looked up at the funeral opposite me three off the niggas in all black were looking and whispering at me. "J you see that." I asked and she nodded her head. "You think they know Myles". She asked. "I feel like they more than knew Myles but I ain't finna start tripping." I shrugged it off and started putting down my flowers on my brothers grave and J did the same.

We was standing there looking down at his grave in silence but peacefully. No awkwardness. Then we heard a gun shot. I quickly looked up and saw that it was one of the niggas in all black that started shooting in the air."

"Thugssss." J said dreamily which made me burst out laughing. "I can't with you".

"This the first time you haven't cried." J said smiling at me and rubbing my back. "Growth". "I guess I'm getting used to him not being here." I shrugged walking off back to the car.

I felt something behind me so I turned and looked and saw two of the niggas in all black walking towards me and Jewel. "Bitchhh". I said speeding up my walk. "I want them but I just can't". She said hopping in the car and stretching out her hand to them as I speeded off.

I shook my head. "Is it just me J, or something about them got me shook yet so attracted to them."

"Uhuh sis, me too. They kinda...." she trailed of thinking of a word. "Mysterious." I nodded in agreement. "We still going to the basketball game." She asked me. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Cmon watchu heard, cause you ain't never wanted to be to a basketball game till now".

She started grinning wide now. "I heard G Herbo and - " I cut her off ready to wild out . "Bitch G Herbo." I semi yelled at her and she sunk down in her seat. " Girl cmon' don't you miss the dream team." She asked poking out her lips. "Hell no fuck I don't." I said waving her off. "Kyro, Mally, Gmoney". I started listing them all. "SQUEAK". I said loudly. "Who was supposed to be my bestfriend, dropped me like I was some dirty ass, faded out, no longer in style Jordans". I said stopping at the red light.

J gave me a unreadable face. "Mulani ". She trailed off. "They dropped you cause you left they mans when you was the only thing he had left. He was in prison when you left him."