America's Sweetheart

Start from the beginning

That's definitely about to change soon.

Michael

I giggled as she mentioned my name. I really love this girl. As seeing her on tv made me so proud. We both got started around the same time. And since then, both of our careers have taken off. Me with my brothers and her with her modeling and acting. She had a huge fan base and people adored her because she was simply gorgeous and sweet.

We promised to never stop supporting each other. And I'd take that promise to the grave.

We had just got back from our tour in Japan and I was happy to be back in the states in enough time to catch Lilly on Ed Sullivan. It has been about a year since I'd seen her. She looked so much... older. I couldn't help but to smile at her pretty face on our tv screen. I couldn't wait to see her and to be able to hug her. She wasn't only America's Sweetheart, she was my sweetheart too. I'd do anything for her.

"Mike guess what!" Janet said running into the living room.

"What is it?" I asked not taking my eyes off of the tv screen.

"I'm not suppose to tell but Lilly will be here sometime this week!" She squealed in excitement.

"Oh boy.." Jermaine responded.

   See, Lilly has had a crush on Jermaine since the day we all met her. Even though he's married now, that would never stop Lilly's undying love for him. And although there is a slight age difference between Jermaine and Lilly, her attractiveness was undeniable, even to older guys. Especially now that she's 16. She carried herself in a very classy, innocent way. It was so... sexy.

I use to find her little crush amusing but in this moment I didn't as I remembered her feelings for him. For some reason I felt envy towards Jermaine. I'd hope he would still view her as that little girl that's always hanging around us and not the grown sexy superstar she is now. But that all quickly vanished as I heard Marlon speak up.

"Do you know when?" He asked as we all watched the show come to an end.

"No, sorry. I overheard mother talking bout it." Janet replied as she left the room.

   I quickly ran in the kitchen where mother was preparing dinner.

"Mother! Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked almost out of breath from the long distance between the kitchen and the living room. Living in a huge house had its ups and downs.

"Tell you what Michael?" She responded clearly trying to act like she didn't know anything.

"Motherrrrrr" I whined.

"Yes dear?" She asked with a giggle while focusing on chopping some vegetables.

"Why didn't you tell me Lilly Lola was coming to visit in a few days? You know I have to make sure everything is perfect whenever she comes." I pouted.

"A few days? Who told you that?" She asked with a puzzled look on her face. Maybe Janet was playing jokes on me?

"Um... Janet?"

"Michael... she'll be here by dinner... tonight." She looked at me with a big smile.

I stood still not wanting to believe her. A wave of excitement, anxiety, and nerves took over me as I wasn't sure why. I know I haven't seen her in a year, but I've never felt like this knowing she's coming.

"Michael?" Mother called interrupting my thoughts and state of shock.

"Hm?" I responded while still staring into space.

"She'll be here by 8. You have 3 hours to make everything perfect. Surprise sweetie." She walked around the counter and kissed me on the forehead.

"Run along." She patted my back.

I smiled and ran upstairs.

3 hours to make everything perfect.

I started cleaning my room first. I cleaned all my rat cages because they can start stinking. Picked up all the clothes laying around and pushed them in my closet. I stopped and stared at my closet because I had to figure out what I wanted to wear. Something simple, but something Lilly would dig. I'd never thought this hard on trying to look good for someone before. I shrugged it off and went to take a shower.

I checked the time that hung in the bathroom and it said '7:38'. My heart raced as I had not realized how long I was cleaning and in the shower.

Marlon

   The doorbell rang. I ran to the door yelling "I got it!" Unsure of who would be at the door this late. Mother always told us no visitors during dinner time.

I opened the door and my eyes widened at the sight of Lilly. Her long hair was in a ponytail. She had on a green t-shirt with a yellow smiley face on it and brown leggings with green boots. This girl could wear a clown suit and still be stunning.

"Marlon!" She squealed and tackled me with a hug.

I damn near had a heart attack.

"Lilly?" I asked in a state of confusion. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Visiting silly! It's been a year. Aren't ya glad to see me?" She looked at me with a grin.

"Of course! I just wasn't expecting you is all..." I said looking her up and down... damn.

"Well if it isn't Lilly Lola."

"MICHAEL!" Lilly yelled looking past me.

I internally rolled my eyes.

I watched as she embraced him with so much love and need. I wanted that. I wanted her to feel like that about me. I will make her feel that way about me.

__________________________

Yay. First part done. Hope you all like it. Please comment and tell me what you guys think.

Smooches 😘