Training the Alpha Ch:2

Not edited :P

After walking endlessly around town I wiped the tears from my eyes and made my way to the back door of my condo. Maybe a long run could help me mend my broken everything after that humiliating situation at school. I pulled the glass door and slammed it shut. I jumped over the wall, not bothering to take the steps next to me.

The second my feet touched the ground I was of at full sprint, looking for cover in the dark welcoming woods. I took in a deep breath and felt my pain dismiss it's self with each step I took.

You could say I was a speed junkie, but honestly who wouldn't be if they knew how it was. The faster I went the rush flowing throughout my body could erase anything on my mine and replace it with the blissful peace of the earths scent.

After what seemed like five minutes I could her the familiar sound of water. I slowed down my pace a bit. I stopped when I could see the cleaning right in front of me. It was really breath taking.

It was very different from the forest. Instead of being covered with thousand year old tall willow trees that still managed to touch the ground and wet soft dirt, it was clear three mile radius, all grass and colorful wild flowers.

In the middle of it was a river that if you followed it down a few miles you would see a clear Riverbank filled with exotic birds. The smile on my face was quickly replaced with a frown when I realized why I knew all of these places or more like who showed me.

Images of Adams face crossed my mind. His dimples when he would look at me and smile. His laugh when ever I feel then he'd help pick me up. His mischievous smirk when he was up to no good. The disgust and hatred in his eyes when he told me I was just his charity case. I thought he was for real, what we had was real. I guess he was right, I am an ugly naive idiot.

I was awaken when I heard a howl of pain on the other ending of the clearing. My heart froze for a second. I heard there where wolves in these woods but I didn't believe that was true since for the last seventeen years I've been here I've failed to hear or see one.

Another howl broke the peaceful silence. I bit my lip debating if I should do something about it. I was so close to turn back to the house but then whimper after whimper echoed the air get softer and softer till I cracked.

Even though I my self was a damsel in distress I wasn't one to ignore a cry for help, human or not. I scurried to the other end of the clearance and prepared myself for the six feet wide jump I was going to attempt. When I was only mere seconds from the river I ran faster and launched myself across flying over it.

Everything was going perfect until I had to get back on the ground and ended up falling on my shins and arms instead of my feet.

I scrambled up ignoring the protest of my arms and legs and kept running to the end of the clearance. Now that I was thinking of it, I've never been this deep. The whimpers started to become less frequent but louder along with deep growls

. When I came to the source of the noise I didn't notice I stopped breathing until I started to get dizzy. Maybe it had to do with the fact there where two beast half her height hovering over a limp sack of fur that would occasionally let out an almost inaudible cry.

I forced my eyes to focus on the two wolves that were looking down at the one on the floor with hatred. The one on my right had long silky white fur with a black tail while the bigger and most likely leader had a sandy ground color on my left.

I saw sandy take a step closer to the almost dead wolf as if to give the final blow when my body decided to take action. I grabbed the nearest object that could be used as a weapon and let out a loud shriek.

The wolves did a 180 and focused on me as I started to wave the stick like a mad man. They didn't try to move or anything so I mushed the courage to take another step then another one when they started to back away.

They gave me one last look, then at the smaller wolf then slowly crept pass the woods there eyes trained on us until they disappeared completely.

Positive that they weren't there anymore I bend down and examined the injured animal. I frowned when I saw just his bad he was injured. I caressed it's head and he obliged. He had his eyes closed but I didn't need to see his eyes to see just how much pain he was in

. I scooped him up in my arms and almost let the sobs I was trying so hard to keep in, out. He weighed virtually nothing. It did make it easier for me to bring him home but I was 110% sure he wasn't suppose to weigh that little. I kissed his head and dashed home as fast as I could.