About His Movies and etc.

Rivers last movie was the film The Thing Called Love (1993) And his last released movie was Silent Tounge (1994).

Dark Blood was released in 2012 but someone else had to fill in the shots that were never taken.

According to fans, the movie Stand By Me was a agenuinely delightful movie that no one should ever forget.

The movie "The Mosquito Coast" that he was in had a lot of similarities to his real life story.

Sadly, River passed away before he could play a character in "Interview With A Vampire". He was supposed to be the reporter.

It was on the Short-Lived T.V show Seven Brides For Seven Brothers that he had his first break. Playing the youngest brother when he was 12 years old. What cought the eye of the producers was him doing an Elvis Presley impression at his audition.

He has made his breakthrough to stardom in Rob Reiners coming-of-age drama Stand By Me in 1980. Fifteen year old Phoenix identified strongly with his character, Chris Chambers, commenting "If I hadn't had my family to go back to after the shoot, I'd have probably had to see a phyciatrist"

River was set to star in Total Eclipse (1995), The story of a young gay poet. But, After River died the part was given to Leonardo Dicaprio.