SIXTEEN.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

SHERIFF KELLER?

I was happily asleep in my bed when I heard Jughead calling my name from the living room. I groaned loudly before lazily getting out of bed and walking out towards my annoyingly loud brother. 'What do you want? I was asleep"

"I'm just heading off to pops to meet with a um.. friend. I won't be too long just thought that you should know" He rushed as he made his way over to the door. I gave a quick hug goodbye as he dashed out of the trailer and sped off on his bike.

Strange boy.

I decided to finally eat some cereal and get dressed and ready for the day. I made my way to school and did the normal boring stuff you do at school. I was sat with some of the serpents at lunch who were talking about some random ghoulies that they wanted to beat up as per. I picked at the chipped varnish on my nails not really interested in the conversation that they were having which made Sweet Pea put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed it trying to catch my attention. "What do you think babe?"

"Yeah it sounds good" The serpents started laughing to which I joined in to not really knowing what I was laughing about. Sweet Pea gave me a kiss on the cheek and went back to his conversation.

I finished school and rode home with Sweet Pea but the trailer was quiet meaning Jughead wasn't home. I walked into the house after saying goodbye to Sweets and turned on the tv. Maybe I should call Jug? Eh, I'm sure he's fine.

What Izzy did not know was the trouble that Jughead and Archie were getting themselves into. The fact that they had been tricked into delivering the drugs to Greendale under everyone's noses. Especially Izzy's.

"Jug where are you"

"Iz, hey, I'm just at Pops with Archie. Don't worry I'll be home soon ok?"

"Ok. And Jug? Don't be too long it will get dark soon"

"I know I will be home within the hour. Bye Iz"

"Bye"

Jughead definitely was not at Pops.

...

"I saw Kevin's dad sneaking out in the middle of the night and he came back at four a.m," Veronica told us leaning in as Betty and I were sat opposite her in a booth at pops. I asked the girls to meet up with me, bored of sitting around at home on my own. Sweet Pea was on some business with the Serpents.

"Look" Betty slapped a copy of the Riverdale register on the table "A jingle-jangle addicts body was found by the tracks this morning"

"It says here this guy was hit and then killed by a train," Veronica says after reading some of the articles.

"Yeah because he was pushed in front of it by Sheriff Keller," Betty says trying to make it sound obvious.

"Or he stumbled into its path," I said not believing that Sheriff Keller good do something like this. Veronica gestured to me before nodding her head agreeing with me.

"No, you guys, think about all the locked doors in his house why? why?" She argued. They had filled me in on their stay at Kevin's and all the snooping they got down to.

"Because he's a private person" Veronica interjected exasperated with her friends' theories.

"Look, Betty," I said grabbing her hand "Let us not confuse wanting a solution to this mystery with actually having one. This is Kevin's father we are talking about" She nodded with a slight roll of her eyes knowing that I was right. Betty left very quickly after that so Veronica and I decided to part ways. I went to Betty's house to check she was ok but before I even made it through the door she grabbed me and yanked me upstairs. She started to explain to me where she went and how she got caught snooping around Sheriff Keller's house by the man himself. I looked at her in shock of what she had just said.

"I know you think I'm crazy Iz but Veronica saw him sneaking out. He's hiding something."

Okay B. I'm in, for Kevin's sake" She sighed happily "And also to keep you in check" She quickly gave me a hug before ringing up Veronica to fill her in on the plan.

We waited till dark to drive up to Kevin's house Betty and me in the front and Veronica the back. I was sitting staring at my hands until Betty started hitting my arm say look a million times forcing us to slowly inch down are seats to stay out of sight. "And where oh where do you think you're going Sheriff," Betty says to herself smirking slightly making me turn to Veronica with a raised eyebrow earning a shrug from her. As he started to drive off Betty quickly shifted into gear and followed him quietly. We ended up at a shady motel.

"There he is" I pointed out.

"What is he doing?" Veronica asked to no one in particular.

"That must be his kill kit" Betty decides before taking her phone out to snap a picture of Keller getting his bag out the trunk of his car.

"His what now?" Veronica asks confused.

"He's about to do something terrible. His next victim could be in that room" Betty informs us as he walks away.

"Shall we call the cops?" I ask worriedly. But it was no use as she had already left the car ignoring Veronica and I calling for her. we both jump out of the car running after her before we can say anything he knocks on the door and it opens. He starts kissing the women to whom we instantly recognise as... the mayor?

Betty and Veronica went back to Pop's whereas I decided to go back home shocked to see that Jughead still wasn't home. I'm sure he will be home soon.

#Slizzy