ONE.

CHAPTER ONE

FRED ANDREWS IS IN THE HOSPITAL?

"Hey, Betty" Jughead answered the phone next to me while I was watching Friends on my laptop. They had a quick conversation before he shot up of the sofa "Iz we need to go, now!"

"What? What's wrong" I said standing up also placing my laptop down on the coffee table.

"Archie's dad has been shot. Come on!" Before I could even react, Jughead was dragging me out of the trailer and taking off the tarp that covered our dads' bike. I hopped on the back of it and we sped out of sunny side trailer park to the hospital were our distressed friend was waiting alone.

I grabbed onto Veronicas' hand as we walked down the hallway with Betty and both their parents. The second I saw Archie we ran up to him and came into a little group hug before sitting around him in the waiting room.

"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, thief, wearing this hood with a gun at Pop Tate and then he pointed it at my dad and then he fired it" He explained.

"Oh my god, Archie," Veronica said in disbelief.

"And then he.." He trailed off making us all lean into him waiting for what he was about to say

"And then he what?" I said to try and help him out.

"And then he bolted" Jughead and I looked at each other unsure whether to believe him "and then I grabbed my dad, Pop Tate called an ambulance and it didn't come so I drove here and uhh and.. and I don't know maybe I should have waited maybe I just made it worse"

"Dude, are you kidding me? You saved your dads life" Jughead put an arm around Archie to comfort him and reassure him "First Cheryl and now your dad, you keep this up and you're gonna need a superhero name. Pureheart the Powerful." Making us smile slightly.

Alice then walked up to us "There isn't any new information, your dads in surgery. He's gonna be there for a while"

"Archie, have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" Hermione asked squatting down next to his chair.

"No, no I haven't called her. I'll be right back" He replied walking off with his phone as our eyes followed him out.

Alice sighed before looking at Jughead and I in disgust "What?" We asked.

"Mum, do not start this" Betty told her shaking her head

"Start what?" We asked confused.

"Well I can't help but wonder if your Southside associates had anything to do with what happened to Fred"

"Unbelievable, you can't accuse our father of being the shooter considering he's in jail" Jughead replied eyeing Alice.

I stood up ready to hit the woman but before I even got close Jughead had already grabbed and pushed me down in the seat "Let go of me Jug, this woman needs to learn her place"

"Oh god, I can't handle this right now" I sent Veronica an apologetic look before sinking back into my seat but not before sending Alice a deathly glare.

...

Kevin made his way over to where Betty and I wear sitting with two cups of coffee handing one to each of us before sitting down. "Of course, all any of us can think about is Mr Andrews. But if we weren't so focused on his wellbeing, I'd be asking if you and.."

"We didn't. Jughead and I didn't do it. If that's what you were asking" Betty replied.

"Ew guys. I'm sitting right here"

Kevin completely ignored me before carrying on "What were you like, no or"

"He told me he loved me"

"Wait what!" Kevin and I exclaimed smiling and high fiving. "Jughead Jones said he loved you? Mr I'm Weird I'm a Weirdo?" Kevin carried on.

"And then I told him I loved him back" I gasped happily making Betty laugh "But then things got... complicated and my boyfriend may be joining the Serpents kind of"

"Betty no. No way. Did you learn anything from me and Joaquin" Kevin argued.

"No, he was nice," She said back

"Yeah, when he wasn't dumping bodies in Sweetwater river or mopping up buckets of blood"

"Kev, not all Serpents are the same," I said trying to reason with him but before he could reply we saw Cheryl walking in with her mum on a stretcher. "What the hell?"

We quickly shot up running after her "My god Cheryl, is that your mom?" Betty asked.

"Oh haven't you heard? There was a terrible fire at Thornhill last night, I might have perished if not for mommy's heroics"

"My god, is this the apocalypse?" Kevin asked looking at Betty than me which I answered with a shrug.

"After my ordeal at the Sweetwater river, I was asleep when the fire started. They think it was a breeze knocking over a lit candle catching the curtains. Mommy got home from the Jubilee and ran headlong into the blaze risking her life to save mine. Unfortunately, she suffered third-degree burns and acute smoke inhalation." She smiled before continuing "What are you three doing here?"

We looked at each other oddly probably thinking the same thing.

This bitch is crazy.