The End.

The night was a trying one for Padmé. The home was practically dead apart from the terribly busy sounding quick taps of a keyboard. And though she was the one making that sound, it didn't stop it from slowly driving her insane. Her stomach turned from the mixture of anger and nerves that were boiling inside her. So instead of slamming her head into her palms and letting out the emotions, she composed herself. She sat straight and tall, threading her slim fingers together. She copycatted those relaxing breaths Obi-Wan had taught her. He taught at the same college she did. So he knew better than most anyone that Padmé was stressed. And boy, she really was thankful for that. Now was the best time for her to have a good support system.

She was incredibly grateful that her children were not home. They seemed to be branching out this year and Luke seemed eager to drag Leia to some party. Thank goodness for small favors. She loved them to pieces but when there was work to be done, she liked the peacefulness of an empty home.

Padmé rarely treated herself, as Anakin tried to tell her many times. Though he was never quite able to put it so lovingly. Where she was soft, he was blunt. And it went both ways. However tonight while her anxiety was running it's high fever, she decided to pour a glass of wine for herself and her coming Anakin. As it poured, she tapped her nails in a small beat on the counter. She recalled an old fight or lovers spat perhaps? One she and Anakin had shared when re-doing the awful kitchen the home had come with. The counter that was now an instrument in Padme's performance of 'Love Is Strange' might not have been quite so glossy and easy to play had it not been for Anakin's denial of her idea. But in the end he was right, a sandier finished counter would not have fit.

Her choice of wine for Anakin on this night? Chardonnay. Obi-Wan's favorite if she recalled correctly. Though her husband was a special kind of whiny when it came to trying things outside of his comfort zone, especially in the vein of food & drink. So she eased him into new things. Tonight, he'd try the 'fancier' wine, as he called it. She smiled at the thought of him.

Just as the last drop splashed in the glass, she heard the front door close gently. She grinned even more. That sound was always one of her favorites. It either meant that Anakin was back from a long day at work or she was. Either way, she'd be met with him again.

The distant sound of footsteps gave her happy chills until she dissected two sets of steps. She paused, turning her head as her brunette hair waterfalled over her shoulder.

"Obi-Wan?" Padmé raised her brows as the man trailed behind Anakin around the corner and into the dimly lit kitchen. She was sure to keep any of the negative emotions from spilling into her tone. Though she was not expecting him, he was always pleasant company and a good friend. He grinned.

"I'm very sorry for intruding." He went right for the apology, as Padmé had anticipated and appreciated.

"Oh, you shut it. You're welcome to dinner here anytime. But I must tell you, the kids are off with some friends so I'm afraid you won't get to say hello." She explained, reaching out to guide him to a counter stool. "Chardonnay?" She asked, getting ready to pour another glass before he could answer. It was then she noticed that Anakin had taken his own and sipped at it like he'd drank it many times before...though she'd never been witness to it.

Obi-Wan took his drink and sipped at it but his face was riddled with something in the realm of...guilt? Padmé raised her own glass and took a quick sip. "Something's up, right? You guys are a lot more transparent than you think." She chuckled and playfully slapped Anakin's shoulder. His expression turned sad. And she was worried.

"What is it?" She furrowed her brows. "If it's some kind of bad news, I can handle it. Better than you two for sure. Girls are a hell of a lot stronger than boys, y'know?" She laughed again. But Anakin bit into his lip, glancing to Obi-Wan for help like he usually did. But to her surprise Obi-Wan gestured for him to go on. Leaving him on his own where he'd usually help him.