Chapter 3

TWO WEEKS LATER
Alex POV:
"Take care, and good luck" My mom said as she kissed my cheek "I'm sorry papa couldn't come to say good bye" she said hugging me

"It's ok ma, I'm used to it" I said rolling my eyes

My dad was always at work, we owned a business, and he was never home for my mom, my sisters, and I. He didn't feel like a father. At least I could buy all the shit I wanted.

"Mijo, he's working for our family" she said

"I know, I know. Look Ma, I gotta go. Take care of everyone for me. I'll call you, and I'll be back soon" I said hugging her once again before I got in my car.

Nick said our group was going to carpool. Since I had a Tahoe, we could fit everyone and our suitcases perfectly. I drove over to Nicks house first.

"What's uppppp!" He said getting in the car, he lived only 2 minutes away. He's too lazy to walk.

"Yeoo" I said as we did our handshake. "Em said she's ready, so we can pick her up first, and Maria is at her house so that's good" He said grabbing his phone. "Cool" i replied

Emma POV:
"Nick said he's on his way" I told my parents and Maria. We all walked outside with our luggage.

After 5 minutes of waiting, they pulled up to the driveway. Nick got out and greeted my parents, Alex shook their hands and grabbed the luggage to put in the car.

Once they were set, we started to say our goodbyes. Daniel ran up to Alex.

Oh no.

"Alex! Why you don't come anymore?" Daniel said pouting

Everyone went silent and I just turned away.

"Umm, well I have been busy, sorry bud. I miss you." He said hugging Daniel tightly. I couldn't watch, so I gave my mother a hug and said goodbye. I did the same with my dad, and once alex let Daniel down, I kissed his cheek and got in the car.

I sat in the middle with Maria, and after we picked up Katie, she sat in the back.

And suddenly we were on our way to New Jersey. Ugh, a 4 hour car ride, I hope it won't stay awkward.

After an hour of driving, Maria offered to help, so Alex got in the passenger seat, and nick sat with me.

I was getting sleepy, so I rested my head on Nicks shoulder. "Comfy, are we?" He said raising his eyebrows

"May I?" I asked while laughing

"You may" he said and hugged me tight.

After that, I fell into a deep sleep...

Nick POV:
"María, you're falling asleep, let me drive!" I said laughing as I noticed she was barely staying awake.
"Fine." She said and we pulled into a gas station.

"I gotta go use the bathroom" Alex said as he ran out. I thought Maria was going to go in the back with Emma, but I guess she was half asleep she didn't know where to go. She sat in the passenger seat.

Shit. Well I hope Em doesn't mind sitting next to Alex...

"I'm back!" Alex yelled

I pointed to the back. He lifted his eyebrow.

"Are you sure..?" He said nervously

"It's fine, Maria is knocked out either way" I said pointing over

Alex POV:
I quietly sat in my seat, but Emma moved suddenly. She rested her head on my shoulder, making herself comfortable.

"You won't hear this, but I still care for you beautiful" I whispered and kissed her head.