Chapter 2

Kai Pov

We flew through the air. Suddenly I was splashed by water. "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!" Percy yelled. I looked down and saw Percy with a water gun. Normally water couldn't go up that far, but offsprings of Poseidon can control water. I rolled my eyes and made the water gun explode in his face.

I laughed. We landed at the entrance to the big house. Mr D didn't look up from his game of pinochle but said, "Good, your here, Chiron wants you inside kid."

"Hi Kai" Percy's friend saytr, Grover, said from the group of satyrs playing with Mr D. I waved as I entered the Big House. Chiron sat in his wheelchair talking to someone who had their back turned to me. "Uh, Chiron?" I asked.

"Oh Kai my boy, there you are come and take a seat" he said finally noticing me. I jumped over the counch and landed next the mystery person. A familar scent crawled up my nose.

I started juggling a ball of water in my hands as my ADHD kicked in. "Kai, I know you've been a year-rounder for the past 2 years but this proposition might persuade you into only coming in the summer" Chiron said with a stern look on his face.

Something clicked in my head the smell, the sleek black hair of the person sitting next to me. "Wait........ MUM!"