"Yeah. Alright."

We walked out of bathroom and sat in our booth. Which was right next to his. We sat and ate, talking about the game, and the semifinals.

We both heard our phones ring, and pulled them out quickly:

Team Groupchat:
Coach J ⚽️: Good afternoon girls, I hope you haven't partied as much as we coaches! Haha.
María💕: If you count eating as partying too hard, then Em and I definitely win!
Me: FACTSSS ^^
Jenna 💜: Of course not coach! Lol
Amy 🌙: Oops, too late
Coach N ⚽️: SOME of us coaches 😭
Coach J: We need to discuss something with you guys...
Natalie: What up?
Gemma 🙂: What would that be?
Rachel: Go on...
Coach N ⚽️: So you know how we are heading to the semi finals in Jersey, right?
Katie 🧡: Yup!!! :)
Natalie: Of course!!
Coach J ⚽️: Well, The U-19 boys will be joining us, but they are going for their final
Amy 🌙: Sounds like fun!
María 💕: Cool I guess
Coach N ⚽️: that's all, we will discuss behavior and rules later, have a nice night 🌙
Me: Night!!!!
Gemma 🙂: Love you guys, night 💕

María and I looked at each other. I wasn't sure how I felt about it. HE was going to be there, Alex to be exact. I wasn't going to let him ruin my fun, so I decided to put it off.

But of course things didn't go as planned...

"Yeooo María, Emma!" I heard someone from Alex's table shout. We both looked up and smiled. It was his best friend Nick. Probably the hottest guy on their team, and one of the sweetest guys I knew. His parents were friends with mine as well. so we were pretty close too.

"What's up?" I said laughing. "We heard you guys are going to be in Jersey too. It's about to be hypeeee" I laughed at his goofy ass.

"Yeah it'll be fun" Maria replied. I nodded and caught a glimpse of Alex . He looked over at me and gave me a smile. Ugh this is why I can't get over him. I smiled back. María kicked me under the table and looked at me in disapproval. She knows this is wrong.

"Alright well we should get going" I said and started to clean up. "Yeah, we have school tomorrow" Maria said

"Lucky us, class of 2018" nick said proudly. "Whatever" I said laughing. I grabbed my phone and was heading toward the door.

"WOW no hug?" Nick said pouting. "Fine, only because I like you" "As a friend" I added. I walked over and hugged him, and Alex looked over, and back at his phone.

"Bye Nicholas" I said smirking. "Ugh bye Em" he said as I walked out.

We got in the car, and I was waiting for Maria to start the serious talk, but she didn't. She sat there in silence.

"What's wrong?" I said pulling up to our neighborhood.

"Nothing. It's fine." She replied looking out the window.

"Ugh, Dont do that" I said, knowing she was hiding something

"When we were leaving, Alex called me over. He told me that he's not over you" I stopped the car.

"What? No way."

"It's true, I told him to go fuck himself." She said rolling her eyes

"Why?!"

"You aren't going back to him. He's going to waste his time. I'm not letting you go through that" she said

"I don't know. I guess. It's fine."

"Em.."

"No, I understand it's for the better, thanks"

"Anything for my bestie" she said hugging me

We pulled up to her house and I waved her goodbye. I drove over five houses, and arrived at my house. I got out of the car, and walked inside. It was currently 9 pm. My dad had just gotten home from work, and my mom was giving my little brother a bath.

"Hola mija, I heard the game went well!" My dad said as I went over and hugged him

"Hey pa, Yeahh We won 3-1 and I scored 1 and assisted one." I said proudly

"That's my daughter! Your mother is upstairs getting Daniel ready for bed"

"Ok, goodnight papi"

"Goodnight mija"

I walked upstairs and said goodnight to my mom and younger brother. I walked into my room to get ready for bed.

I walked to my bathroom and started to strip my clothes off. I turned the water on, and let the warm water run down my body. It felt sooo good. I finished up and grabbed the towel. I changed into some Nike shorts and a hoodie, then brushed my teeth.

I laidback in bed, and got on my phone.

One unread message:
Alex

OMG it's from Alex. I know I shouldn't talk to him, but what if it's important...

Alex : Heyyy it's Nick :) (What an idiot.)
Just letting you know that I changed my phone number, and forgot to tell you. Alex let me borrow his phone. Here it is : (phone number) Goodnight bby :)

Ugh I'm gonna kill Nick.
I left it on read, and scrolled through Instagram.

Suggestions for you:
Emily López
Jane Leon
Kelsey Johnson
Grayson Dolan

Ouuu Grayson is pretty cute. Too bad he's like a million miles away, and famous :/

I got bored and decided to sleep. I charged my phone and went to sleep.

A/N: first chapter Idek what I just wrote 😭😭
Hope you guys liked it!
Thank you
Adri