Chapter 1

EMMA POV:
"GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! From Emma Martinéz!!!!" The commentator announces, 3-1 our team leads. I felt a rush of adrenaline running through me, the final whistle blows and we all run up to each other and cheer.

Before I continue, let me introduce myself:
My names Emma, Emma Martinez. I'm 17-years old, and well soccer is my life. I live in a small town in PA, and I play for the Philadelphia Union U17 WMNT. I love the girls on my team, they're my family. That's pretty much all you need to know, other than that my life's pretty normal...so far.

I sat down at my locker, and started to take my cleats off. The sweat dripping down my face, it was all worth it, we were going to the semi-finals in New Jersey in two weeks!

"Nice job out there ladies! I'm extremely proud of you!" Coach Jane said smiling. "Everyone did really well, soon we'll be the champions in the nation!" We all cheered in excitement. Our team was doing really well this year, we were all so happy to be part of this.

"Em, wanna go grab some food?" My best friend Maria asked. "Sure!" I said, I grabbed my slides and slid them on.

María and I had only met two years ago, but it felt like we had known each other forever! She was always there for me, as I was for her. Although she was a bit more of a party animal than I was.

"I'll drive!" I called out as we walked to the parking lot. "No I'm not letting you, I could risk my life" she said smirking.

"Too late" I said as I got in the car. "Ugh you're lameeee" she said as she got in the passenger seat.
We buckled up and she connected her phone to the AUX. We had the volume all the way up, as we listened to The Weeknd.

"Why are you always so heartbroken?" She asked as she lowered the volume and laughed. "Don't question me!" I said giving her a playful glare.

We pulled up at Wendy's and got out of the car. We headed inside, and got in line to order.

"I gotta pee, order my usual please?" I told her while pouting. "Fine, hurry up!" She said laughing.

I quickly walked over to the bathroom, and on my way I bumped into him...

My ex-boyfriend, we had left each other a year ago, and I still felt like I couldn't stop thinking of him. My heart could not stop beating hard. I felt out of breath...

"Oh..uh, Im sorr-" I stuttered. I'm such an idiot.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I heard about your game, nice job"

"Oh..um thanks" I said

"Yeah no problem, uh see ya later" he said as he pulled out his phone, not even bothering to look at me.

Why am I such an idiot? Ugh.

I ran to the bathroom and started to tear up in the stall. I missed him, I missed him SO SO much. Why? I have no idea. Why do I even bother? He doesn't seem like he cared anymore. If only-

"Em?! You in there?" I heard Maria say as the door opened.

"Yeah..Yeah in here, sorry" I cleaned up my face, and went over to wash my hands.

"Finally! You take foreverrrrrr" She said smiling. "Hey...I know you probably don't care but Alex is outside, I guess he's here with some friends" she said as she looked at me.

"Yeah, I uh bumped into him"

"You what?! OMG did he say anything?" She said looking worried

"No, well he congratulated me on the game, that was it, it's nothing. I'm fine, I'm ok. We should just get out of here" I said changing the subject.