"That was disgusting!" I gagged, still laughing.

"Totally, man you're so ginchiest Soph, most girls would have puked their brains out if they saw that but not you"

     I blushed profusely. My palms were so sweaty. I didn't know if that was a compliment or an insult since I didn't know what ginchiest meant.

"What the hell does ginchiest even mean?"

"Don't really know, I just heard some guy tell some chick that in school, I think it's a good thing"

"Huh,"

"Yeah"

     There was now an awkward silence and then I noticed that straight ahead of us were Ace and his goons. I gulped trying to not seem scared. They approached us. I looked to them hoping they'd pass, but they stopped us. I held my breath and watch Teddy get mad.

"Hey candy asses, either of you two seen my kid brother? He's in big trouble, I'm trying to find him to give him what he deserves." Eyeball asked, pounding his fist into his palm.

     We both shook our heads no.

"Nope, he probably took a long look at your face this morning and decided he'd had enough of seeing it every morning" I glared up above to see Eyeball since he was much taller than me.

"Good one" Teddy commented to me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Eyeball quizzed.

"You moron, it means you're ugly" I scrunched my face, he was so stupid that he couldn't comprehend a simple insult that had come from me, a 13 year old.

     Charlie Hogan snickered, which earned him a punch from Eyeball.

"What're you cracking up about? You look like you got dropped on your head when you were a baby" Eyeball lost his temper and spewed out the insult to Charlie.

"I do not" Charlie murmured.

     Charlie rubbed his arm, clearly hurt by both Eyeball's comment and how hard he had hit him.

"Both of you are dog faces, gotta come to terms with reality"

"The fuck you say to me four eyes?" Eyeball questioned.

"You heard me" Teddy said.

Eyeball began to raise a clenched fist.

"Hey! Cool it. He's not worth it" Ace let down Eyeball's arm.

"Whatever man, and by the way if I find out either of you two lied about my brother to me then I guarantee you that you'll be wearing my feet up your asses"

     They pushed past us, on their way Eyeball tripped me and I fell flat on my face.

"Fuck you!" I yelled to Eyeball as I winced in pain.

"You assholes!" Teddy shouted. Eyeball began to turn around to knock some sense into Teddy until Ace shook his head.

"You bonehead, come on before someone calls the cops on us, I wouldn't care so much but it's more serious since you got involved with the girl over there." Ace whispered to Eyeball.

     I wiped my nose with my hand seeing the blood. Then got up and dusted myself off. Charlie looked back sticking his tongue out at us. I stuck my tongue out back, mimicking the stupid look on his face.

"Pussies! You're just scared little girls, you're afraid of the cops!" I hollered, in which Ace stopped and now turned around. Slowing strolling over to us.

"We're in deep shit" Teddy admitted grabbing my hand and we began to ran as they chased after us.

     We hopped over fences and made sharp turns. Until we finally lost them. It felt like my lungs were about to burst and I could hardly breath. Teddy gasped for air. We both fell down in a alley way. Sitting next to another. My dark chocolate colored hair was now in tangles.

"Man that was something else," Teddy mumbled. I peered over to him. He still had the portable radio in his hand. I listened carefully to hear The Diamonds singing "Little Darlin'"

"You alright Sophie?" He asked, worried.

     His eyes looked into mine through his thick glasses frames. I nodded. Then I took my jacket off, the fabric was drenched in sweat. I folded it up and wiped my chin and nose from blood. Then I placed the jacket on Teddy's lap and lied there. My face was upwards so Teddy could look down to me. My lips twitched into a grin. He was resting against a brick wall and now he had let go of the box which was playing music.
     I placed my hand into his and he held me tightly. I then shut my eyes.

"Thanks, Teddy" I said.

"I didn't do anything why are you thanking me?" Teddy furrowed his eyebrows.

     I giggled a bit at his confusion and he stared at me with his eyebrows still knitted together I then got nervous debating whether or not to kiss his cheek, it wouldn't be hard seeing as though his face was inches away from mine, but what if he didn't liked it and pushed me off him? Screw it, I thought. I leaned up fast and gave him a little peck on the cheek then my head fell back down, my heart raced.

"I was thanking you for being there, being here... with me," I whispered but not too quitely that he couldn't hear me.

     His face turned a turnip red and he placed his hand where I had kissed him. His mouth was hung open.

"Why're just sitting there with your mouth open? Are you gonna say something?" I asked punching him playfully and then I yawned, slowly fluttering my eyes closed.

     He then placed his hand on my head, leaning back. We both fell asleep to the sound of the radio that was softly humming "Hushabye" by The Mystics, he made me feel so warm and he smelled like freshly lit cigarettes, but the alleyway was freezing cold and smelled dirty and dingy because of the trash but his scents and warmth took over that. It seemed like we were the only two in the world though I knew this day probably wouldn't matter to him the tomorrow.