Part 55 - The Last Night

Magsimula sa umpisa

Once Aunt May dropped us off at the entrance Peter and I walked inside hand in hand. There were many people in the lobby, all wearing fancy clothes.

I looked around at everyone until I spotted Ned and MJ, "There they are," I tell Peter and we walk over to them.

Ned was wearing a white suit topped with a white hat, and MJ was wearing a simple black dress with black flats.

"You guys finally came!" Ned greeted. As we all talked to each other about how nice everyone looked, and coordinator of the event let us into the art gallery.

Every single painting and sculpture looked like it was work over a million dollars, I was so afraid to stand near them. Peter, Ned and I kept trying to walk quickly around the entire exhibit, but MJ kept making us stop so she could read the history behind each painting.

I was getting a little bored since we kept having to stop. I wanted to get Peter alone so we could be together, but I knew we just can't leave Ned and MJ.

"Hey, loser." I send Peter a mind message. He looks back at me and smiles before I hear his thoughts pouring into my mind.

"I thought you were going to stop reading my thoughts?" He asked.

Ned motioned for us to keep walking, and then we suddenly had to stop for MJ.

"I never said I was going to stop. I like reading them, it's how I get all my information from."

"What kind of information?" Peter looks at me in an embarrassed way.

I smirk, "Like when you're planning a surprise date, I sometimes read your thoughts so that I know what to wear."

Peter's mouth drops open and he looks at me, "How dare you?" he laughs, "I thought they were always complete surprises,"

I shrug, "Guess I'm just a good actress,"

"OK, where did this conversation come from? There was like, no beginning to this conversation." Ned asks, "It's like you just started in the middle,"

Peter and I both look at each other and try to think of something to say, luckily MJ spoke for us, "It's obvious these two dorks had a conversation started from before. So maybe we should let them leave and I don't know, make out somewhere."

Ned looks back to us, "Oh yeah, you guys can go if you want. My mom was going to pick me and MJ up in five minutes anyways,"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah totally," Ned says with a smile.

"OK, well I guess we'll go," Peter shrugs.

Ned waves as we walk away and MJ flips us off with a smile on her face. But Peter and I smile and run into the night.

~

"OK, truth or dare?" Peter asked.

We were sitting on top of Peter's apartment building with two bottles of root beer and a bag of chips we bought after leaving the art gallery. Luckily, Peter always has his web shooters on him, so he was able to bring us up here to look out at the city.

I take a sip of my root beer, "Hmm, truth!"

"If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?" He asked.

I didn't even hesitate before I answered, "That's easy. I would change the fact that you're so cute because then other girls would stop looking at you."

I ruffle his hair as he scrunches his face, "No girls look at me,"

I laugh, "You're so oblivious, Parker." I grab a handful of chips and stuff one in my mouth, "OK, truth or dare?"

"Truth,"

"Are you happy, with how things turned out between you and me?" I look down and break the chips I have in my hands into smaller pieces.

Peter stops drinking his root beer to look at me, "Of course I am, why did you ask that?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to make sure," I mumble.

"Of course I'm happy. I got my best friend back," He smiles at me, "And I finally got the courage to tell you I love you,"

I laugh a little, "I love you, Peter."

"I love you too,"

I quickly grab onto his neck and pull him into a kiss. It was perfect, everything was perfect. Just being there with him was perfect.

We sat there the rest of the night, Peter's arm around me keeping me safe. And for once in my life, I actually felt at peace with the world, like nothing could go wrong.

And then I woke up.

~

"That was my crazy dream," I tell my friend Brynn, "It was like that's how things should've happened. It's how it should have ended,"

But it didn't happen that way. God, I wish it had happened that way.

But it didn't.