I pointed to the kitchen, "making breakfast."

grayson stood up from the couch and walked across the living room, into the doorway of the kitchen.

it was only a few seconds time until I heard a deep voice shout 'oh my god' from the kitchen.

grayson then proceeded to shout ethan's name repeatedly, leaving me confused.

"ethan, please wake up" grayson then shouted, hearing a crack in his voice.

my heart immediately dropped and i hurriedly stood up, rushing to the kitchen.

with my breath hitching and a pit landing in my stomach, I walked into the kitchen and saw grayson kneeling on the floor with ethan in his arms.

blood covered ethans unconscious body. tears fell down graysons cheeks. my lungs felt like they were incapable of taking in any air.

"oh my god." my voice broke, rushing to the ground and checking ethan. uncontrollable drops of tears landed on my cheeks.

sobs left my mouth and I felt the most sadness I ever have in my entire life flow into my body.

grayson quickly pulled his phone from his pocket and tapped the numbers 911 onto the screen.

as he stood up, I took his place and began to cradle ethans lifeless head in my arm, letting his shoulders rest on my knees.

"what happened oh my god." I cried seeing droplets land on ethans face from my eyes. I used the tips of my fingers to shift a loose hair that rested on his forehead. "it's gonna be okay ethan, I promise."

i faintly began to hear graysons broken voice speak to the operator on the other end of the phone, focusing on ethan and hoping any sign of life would show.

I have so many questions right now but my main focus is on ethan and making sure he gets out of this okay.

I allowed every single whimper and sob I had in me to leave my mouth whilst leaning down and cuddling the person who had brought so much happiness into my life.

sometimes I wonder if I ever was truly supposed to be happy, once I seem like I've found an opportunity, the world comes crashing down on me and ruins it all.

but all I want right now is for ethan to be okay. I need him to be.

___

the waiting room

with both of my eyes still shedding tears, grayson and I sat in the hospital chairs, waiting for a doctor to open the door to our private room.

silently I prayed. prayed that ethan would be alive, prayed that I could see his smile again, prayed that I could hear his soft laugh one more time.

turning to look at grayson, I noticed his eyes were puffy and red from crying, a glossy layer still covering each eye.

he looked at me simultaneously. we both just looked at each other for a moment, trying to read each other's thoughts.

before anything else could happen, I leant into him and wrapped each arm around his torso, feeling him do the same instantly.

I cried into his shoulder. he cried into mine.
I needed that.

I needed to see his true emotions and I needed to see that he really is a good person. no matter what happens now, I forgive grayson.

suddenly breaking our hug, I hear the door swing open. I turned quickly and faced the doctor holding a clipboard in his palms.

I felt as if my heart was beating faster than it ever has before.

every thing inside me was afraid of the doctor telling us bad news..

"grayson dolan, eden hansley?" the doctor spoke as a question to grayson and I.

grayson immediately stepped forward, "yes, yeah. is he okay, what's happened? is he alive?"

with my eyes wide I looked at the doctor as if he were the only source of hope I had left in my life, praying that his answer was a good one.

he sighed and looked to the floor with a gulp instantly making a pit hit the bottom of my stomach.

"I'm really sorry." with the words that left his mouth I instantly knew the answer. "we did everything we could to try and save him."

for a moment I felt as if my heart had stopped beating. in shock I left my mouth open and I stared at the man who just told me that ethan had died.

"no, no please, you gotta save him." grayson pleaded still in shock, stepping closer to the doctor.

"I'm truly sorry grayson but we couldn't. he passed away." the doctor told us. I stood speechless, unable to talk or process anything.

"I'll give you two a few minutes, I'm sorry for your loss." a soothing smile came from the mans lips before he exited the room, closing the door behind him.

silence flooded the room as I stared to the floor with grayson doing the same.

hearing deep sobs leave his mouth, I peered upwards seeing grayson with his head placed into his palms.

as tears trickled down my face, I walked forward to grayson and removed his arms from his face using my hands revealing a look of pure sadness and loss.

from seeing gray like this, I immediately starting sobbing before embracing the one person I have left.

I hugged him like my life depended on it. I kept him close to me, knowing that the next few days will be the hardest days.

"he's gone eden." grayson cried softly making a piece of my heart break off from my body, feeling a wave of depression come over me.

I can't believe I would ever hear them words being spoke about ethan.

I never even got the chance to tell him I loved him...

imaging the bad news being told in my head was the worst thought I've ever had.

"grayson dolan, eden hansley?" the doctor spoke as a question to grayson and I.

within the next few seconds of my life I'm going to find out whether the one person I truly cared about was alive or dead.
here we go..

••••
thanks for reading
5 votes and 15 comments for the next chapter
i love you!