chapter 17

song for chapter:
you were never gone - hannah ellis

"good morning." ethan greets me on the couch once my feet stepped off the staircase and into the living room, "sleep well?"

"yes, thank you." I smiled just from seeing his face whilst landing on the couch, wrapping my arm around his torso.

I could feel his arm also wrap around my shoulders to keep me close to him. his lips pressed against the top of my head making my smile widen.

"what do you want for breakfast?" he asked whilst I pinned my eyes onto the netflix show that was playing in the background.

taking a moment to think, I thought of options I could have to eat. when coming to a conclusion I answered, "please can I have some eggs and bacon with toast?"

"of course." he stood up from our cuddle on the couch and quickly pulled up his grey sweatpants slightly.

before walking away to the kitchen, he leans down and kisses my lips softly which automatically sends a buzz to my stomach.

the kiss breaks by him pulling away and heading to the kitchen, leaving me on the couch with a blanket and a few cushions.

keeping my eyes placed onto the show displaying on the screen, I pulled the soft blanket over my bare legs to increase my comfort.

I was wearing one of ethans black hoodies which was oversized on me and extended to the top half of my thighs.

just as I got myself comfortable I heard soft footsteps come from behind me. sharply I turned my head to see who it was.

grayson instantly looked back at me and smiled softly which through me off guard.

"morning." he greeted me before sitting down onto the couch at the opposite end.

"hey." I replied quietly, not particularly wanting to hold a conversation with him.

avoiding eye contact, I tried to focus on the tv however my mind wasn't able to. I was putting my main attention onto the fact grayson was sat across from me.

"eden." his voice called. instantly my head sharply turned to face him.

"yeah?" I asked as a question.

"I really am sorry." he spoke sounding almost apologetic but not enough for me to instantly believe him. "whether you wanna forgive me or not, I just want you to know that."

I simply nodded at his words, slowly turning my head forward again with a unsure feeling taking over my mind.

not wanting to make the atmosphere more awkward than it already was, I turned towards grayson again, "you know it's going to take a lot more than just an apology for me to believe you."

"I know, and I'm not excepting forgiveness from you. I just want us to be civil." grayson told me his thoughts and looked down to his lap.

"okay." I responded shortly before adjusting the blanket to cover more of my body.

"where's ethan?" grayson questioned from across
the couch.