Prologue

This lovely cover is made by ColouredChrome!!

My name is Archon Phury Cole, yeah I know, I know my name is weird. That is because my mom was so captivated by the characters called Archon by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Phury from the novelist J.R. Ward when she was pregnant with me. I am just glad she didn’t name me anything other than that, there are some weird names besides Archon or Phury, like say Zsadist or Styxx (you say sticks) or something like that.

Now for today’s society it’s not that uncommon to be a were child or have other supernatural blood, what is uncommon is a pure blood human. Those are now the ones behind high fences and tightly guarded, they are mostly regarded as special things; collectables. What puzzled me the most was that I was ordered before continuing college to spend a summer with my dad, the order threw me for a loop. The thing I hated the most about the order was that I had to obey; I couldn’t refuse or deny it. So here I am, after I sprained my ankle quite badly (mom passed away a few months ago and I moved most of her belongings out of our apartment and returned them to mom’s parents, I had no longer use for them) and have to spend my usual great lazy summer with my dad in a hick town in the middle of nowhere, because unlike my mom, my dad lives with the pack of shifters and the Alpha King. Something I most definitely am not looking forward to doing.