I 'Effin Love You part 5

Start from the beginning

-Jay's POV-

"Taxi!" I called for the seven hundredth time. This one finally stopped. Grateful, I ran to get in it before someone else- like that dude coming right now- took it. I won and told the driver to go to Summer's place. Mom and Dad have not been home all day. They were actually just getting home when I left. I dodged them and came outside. I left them a note telling them I was out. So much for a family vacation, I thought. I resisted the urge to, again, sing my 'going to see Summer' song. I bubbled up inside when the taxi pulled up in front of her place. I called her and on the second ring she ran outside, smiling. I shut my phone and smiled in admiration for her smile. She hopped in next to me.

"Hi, Jay," she said happily.

"Hello Summer," I replied. I had the taxi drop us off in a parking lot. He drove away and I led Summer to the Jeep that I rented.

"Where did you get this?" she asked, getting in next to me.

"A friend owed me," I lied. She made an 'o' shape with her mouth.

"So where is this surprise you're taking me to?"

"You'll see," I said. I drove us out near the beach and took the lone road that led to the little cliff. The moon was already out and it was getting darker. When we were close, I told Summer to close her eyes. She obeyed. By the time we got there, it was completely dark. I got out and ran to the other side and took her hand and helped her out. I took her to the only tree on this big grassy cliff and told her to open her eyes. She opened and gasped.

"Jay, it's beautiful," she said.

"Reminds me of someone," I said, looking at her. She looked at me and I saw stars in her eyes that shined brighter than the ones in the sky.

-Summer's POV-

"Open your eyes," Jay said. I opened them and gasped at the scene before me. There was the moonlit ocean below and above was the night sky, covered with beautiful stars.

"Jay, it's beautiful," I said, looking up at the stars.

"Reminds me of someone," he said. I could feel his gaze and looked to meet it. He looked at me with such adoration, I couldn't help but smile. He stoked my cheek. "I thought a little midnight picnic would be nice."

"You thought right," I said. He went to the back of the Jeep and brought back a picnic basket and blanket. We ate and talked and laughed. Just when I thought this guy could not get any sweeter or more amazing, he proved me wrong with all of this. We weren't interrupted by our phones this time, seeing as we both told our parents we were going out with each other this time. After we were done eating, we laid back on the blanket and looked up at the stars and tried to make shapes out of them.

"I see...a turtle," I said, looking at the outline of a turtle. He saw it too.

"That's cool. I wanna take a picture of that," he said pulling out his camera. He took the picture of it and showed me.

"Nice," I laughed. I took out my own camera and took a picture of the turtle in the sky and one of him.

"Hey, no flash photography!" he teased, tickling my tummy. I giggled.

"Stop," I giggled. He looked at me with curious eyes.

"You're not ticklish, are you?" he asked.

"No," I lied. He smiled mischievously.

"I think you are," he said, tickling me again. I giggled furiously and rolled over on top of him. I blushed furiously at that sudden move. He moved some hair out of my face. "Now, there's a pretty sight," he said, admiring me. I couldn't take it anymore. There was no one here to interrupt this time. No April, thank god. I kissed him softly and he returned it. We kissed for some time, me not wanting to part from him and him seeming to not want to part with me. This was ultimately the most perfect moment of my life.