Chapter One

Chapter One – Unrequited Love

“I thought you were gone…” Kol whispered, tears in his eyes. Rebekah had not seen such thing happen to Kol before.

“Kooooll,” The girl smiled, hugged him tightly.

“500 years, munchkin.” Kol said worriedly. “Where were you?” He asked again.

The girl shook her head. “2 days, Koooooll,” She said showing him two fingers while frowning. “2 Days? Bloody Hell,” He said, taking her into the home as Rebekah followed behind.

Kol went and took his phone, and dialed a certain witch’s number.

“Hello, Bonnie lass.” He smiled.

“What do you want, Kol?” Bonnie said snarkily.

“Can you come over as soon as possible, please? I really need your help.” Kol said, the girl still grasping his hand.

“Sure, but Elena is coming with me if you don’t mind.” Bonnie said, sensing the worriedness in Kol’s voice.

Kol nodded, and ended the call.

“Wait soon, sweetheart. Someone’s going to help you find your mother,” Kol smiled, looking at the girl reassuringly.

  Soon, Bonnie arrived along with Elena. As soon as the two stepped in, the girl immediately rushed to hug Elena.

“Mum!” She said, holding onto her waist.

Elena looked at the little girl, shocked.

“I’m not your mother,” She said gently.

“Yes you are!” The little girl squealed, frowning.

“Kat-che-ri-nah, you said,” The girl smiled, wanting to prove a point.

A wave of shock hit the girl when she smelled Elena.

“You no smell like Mum,” She said.  Everyone had looked at her, confused as ever.

 “Niiiiiik, baaaby,” She said as she smelled Klaus approach them.

They were all surprised at how she knew about Klaus’ baby.

Klaus came into the room, and his eyes widened to see her standing in the middle of the room. “It’s the little girl from the park,” He said to Elijah, who was now standing beside him, confused.

The little girl indeed looked like him, chocolate eyes, and curly dark brown hair. But he did not remember having her, nor was he able to procreate anyway.

  A loud gasp came from behind them, followed by the sound of broken glass.

“Mother!” The little girl yelled, rushing to the woman standing at the door.

“Katerina Petrova! To what do I owe the pleasure to,” Klaus smiled.

“I-I was here to pick up my things like Elijah asked me to, how are you here?” She asked the girl, who was hugging her waist tightly.

“I smelled Be-Ka and Koooolllll,” She giggled and pointed to her nose.

Elijah sighed, inviting them all to the living room, but dismissed Elena and Bonnie.

  “My dear, Where have you been? It’s been 500 years,” Katherine said, looking at her daughter with tears.