draco malfoy | realising my love

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

o. you and your best friends, the golden trio have always hated draco malfoy. but that all changes one day while you're out on a run at the park, you end up crashing into the blonde himself and unexpected feelings come out.

warnings: fluff.
▪▪▪

It's been 3 years since the battle of Hogwarts and you have just gotten a job as an Auror in the Ministry of Magic. Your still very good friends with the golden trio and enemies with Draco Malfoy. But that all changed one day, while she was out at a muggle café for lunch.

"One cappuccino and a salad please!" You spoke to the cashier, before handing over your muggle money than going to find a seat.

The café was quite packed today and that only left one spot left at a table. So you swiftly made your way over towards the table, right near the window about to sit down. When you suddenly noticed the strikingly platinum blonde hair, and steel grey eyes of your enemy Draco, Draco Malfoy.

Of course, you had to be seated at the same table as him. The rich, muggleborn-hating, daddy's boy also known as Malfoy.

You soon checked your watch and realised that you only had ten minutes left to finish off your lunch break before you had to return to your Auror duties and not wanting to wait for another free table, you took a seat right in front of Malfoy. To which he looked up from his meal to see who had come near him.

"L/N." He spoke clearly, before he got up and left the café without a second glance.

That was weird. You thought as you sipped your cappuccino and polished off your salad. Malfoy's usually always insulted me whenever we were face to face.

You had soon finished your meal, before you too got up and exited the muggle café and back to the Ministry of Magic.

~~

You had soon arrived back at your office in the Ministry of Magic and as soon as you swiftly moved inside towards her desk. You had noticed out of the corner of your eye that another desk had been situated to the left of yours.

Then, as soon as you sat down and began to go through your paperwork which had been stacked up upon your desk. In came Malfoy, he gave you a quick glare before heading towards his desk and taking a seat.

Out of all people! It had to be Malfoy! The world sure hates me today. You groaned at the thought, but luckily not loud enough for Malfoy to hear.

A couple of hours, of filling out paperwork and ignoring Malfoy the whole day you were in your office. You were now able to go home to your manor. And so you quickly apparated back there.

A couple months later...

You arose from your queen-sized canopy bed and made your way into your ensuite to get ready for work. Only to realise that you had no work today and it was Ron and Hermione's wedding day today.

So you quickly changed into a gorgeous mint-green dress and matching high-heels, before applying some light make-up and putting your hair into a ponytail then heading downstairs for breakfast.

Once you soon finished off your breakfast meal, which consisted of: bacon, eggs and orange juice. You quickly picked up your F/C clutch purse and apparated to where the wedding ceremony was to be held.

A couple hours later...

You had soon arrived home after the wedding and decided to go out for a late-night walk tonight. So, you ended up changing into a simple outfit which was quite comfortable, before placing your wand into your pocket and apparating to a nearby muggle park.

As you were walking along the path, you pulled out your muggle phone to scroll down through some stuff. Only to bump into someone you didn't expect to see out late tonight.

And that person was...........Draco Malfoy.

"Watch where you're going! Y/N!" Malfoy spat towards the H/L, H/C haired girl. Only to have your eyes widen at what he had just said.

He had just called you by your first name. When he usually always calls you L/N or bloodtraitor.

"Did you just call me Y/N?" the H/C haired girl soon replied back.

"Yes. Got a problem with that?" Malfoy spat back. "Why are you even here?"

"Could ask you the same thing, Malfoy." You responded back to the platinum-blonde before you.

Malfoy simply just rolled his eyes at you before he finally decided to speak up once again. "I was coming to find you actually. And well now that I have I can finally say what I want to say."

"And what would that be exactly?" you confusingly asked him.

"That...I want to apologise for how I have treated you and your friends these past years at Hogwarts. I realise now since I've finished there, that mudbl---I mean muggle-borns are just the same as us and should be treated equally to the rest of us." He finished explaining.

Was the world ending or something? Or did the Draco Malfoy just apologise to you, a bloodtraitor who he had bullied for years now back in Hogwarts? You honestly couldn't believe what he had just said just then.

"Also, i....i.....l-like y-you." Draco answered nervously. "I mean, I really like you. I guess I must've been denying my feeling for so long to have only realized this now."

Your eyes soon widened, as if they were to pop right out of their sockets if that were even possible after hearing that very sentence come from Draco Malfoy who was still stood right in front of you just now.

Then you did the unthinkable, without even thinking you leant forward so your face was so close to his and you captured his lips with your own.

Draco was soon taken aback by your sudden actions. Before he too melted into the kiss, his arms wrapping around your waist in the process. While your arms made their way around his neck soon enough.

After a short snogging session between the two of you. You and Draco had both pulled back to catch your breath.

"Draco Malfoy. I L-Love you." You managed to stutter out.

"I l-love you to Y/N L/N."

▪▪▪