Chapter 1 - Halley

All I could see was white. I was running, running away from someone. I didn't know who or why. All I could here was them calling my name over and over again.

"Halley...Halley...HALLEY!!!"

I shot up awake and alert.

"I'm up, I'm up. Geez mom, no need to yell so loud."

"Of course I have to yell loudly, my daughter sleeps like a log."

"Wow. Thanks mom."

"You're welcome sweetie. Now get up, it's Monday and time for school."

I slowly got out of bed and headed to my window to let more light into my room. Of course with my luck the first thing I see is stupid Tyler Pierson shirtless. Yeah, I know, how lucky am I. Trust me not that lucky. Of course out of all the rooms my window could be facing it had to be his. That just shows how lucky I am. Ignoring him and closing my curtains I start getting ready for school. It's always so hard to dress for school...Yup joggers and a hoodie sound great. As I'm grabbing my bag I can hear the front door opening. 

"Sup Mrs. Carter, hi Nathan, what's for breakfast."

I can only roll my eyes at how at home Hayden is making himself. As he has for the last 5 years. I can imagine him walking into the kitchen, like he does every morning, greeting my mom and patting my little brother Nathan on the head. Nathan worships Hayden, but even worse Tyler too. I try to keep him away as much as possible.

"Hayden you better not eat my breakfast like you did last time. I'll kill you if you do." 

I say as I walk down the stairs. I walk up to my mom and kiss her on the cheek. I then ruffle my brother's, despite his protest and kiss his cheek. I then turn to Hayden and hug him, like I do every morning. 

"Of course not, besides, you're gonna need all the food possible to keep you happy this morning."

"Hayden...what did you do."

"Well...you know how I'm kinda crazy in the morning when I drive."

"Yeah...?  What did you do?"

"I may or may not have hit Tyler's car this morning so I have to drive him to school today."

"Dude! Seriously!"

"Yeah, and it gets worse. You have to sit next to him in the backseat, Lexi's already set up front."

"You're kidding me right, there's no way I'm sitting next to him."

"Well we're already late so you have no choice. Grab your breakie and lets go."

"Gosh Hayden, one of these days I really am gonna hurt you for being an idiot."

"Yeah yeah, plot my death later lets go."

Reluctantly I followed my so called best friend out to his car only to see my other bestie gloating from the passenger seat. Of course she would happy about this. She doesn't understand my hatred towards Tyler. She thinks he's really hot and that I'm wasting my chance of being with him. If only I could tell them what happened all those years ago. As I walk up to the car, I hear someone call me from behind. 

"Well well well, look who it is."

I turned and glared at Tyler.

"What's the matter toes? Didn't get enough sleep last night or are you always like this in the mornings?" 

I'm about to answer with a comeback when Lexi opens her window and answers for me. Not the answer I was going to say obviously.

"Oh, she's always like this in the mornings. I think it's because she wakes up lonely."