Chapter 3

Hi! First,id just like to explain something. i wrote this ENTIRE story. then suddenly my computer went "SORRY! webpage has expired!" and it lost ALL my work, so 1) it wont be as good as before and 2) DAMN THE INTERNET!! :( sorry. And also im busy with my GCSE's now - even though im 13 there still making us do it :( - so i cant really upload soon but ill try my best. And thanks to all the hundreds of people who read! It means the world to me :) Aniway, the show must go on!

********************************************

Tanya replied, her lips twisting into a childish grin, like she had already won this confrontation we were having.

"I want Edward! And if i DONT get him...your little friend here will be killed! Just like I said on the phone!" She exclaimed, as if this would explain everything. And after a few confuzing seconds, it did. She wanted Edward. She wanted him to be with her, not me. She wanted, in exchange for Alice's life, Edward to be away from all the Cullens and run away with her! But could I really make that choice? The choice of giving up Alice's LIFE, or never seeing Edward again! The thought of either one of those made my entire being quake with panic. Then I realised something.

"Wait...If you want Edward...why did you call me?" I asked.

"Its only you who can get Edward away from everyone else! Just ask him on a date or something like that and lead him away to where i can catch him and give this girl back! And then we will go far, faaaaaar away, maybe Russia...Korea...Japan? They all sound good to me..." She mused Dreamily. "You know ive always wanted to go to places like that but Laurent would never let me. So now he is dead i guess I..." I stopped listning to her dreary self monalogue and tried to think. I would never kill Alice. So the only other option was to give up Edward, as i could think of an other way to satisfy Tanya, Edward once had told me she diddn't give up easily. So, I had to think of a way to warn him about his kidnapping, without Tanya noticing, as she would almost definately be following me and Edward as I led him away. Tanya interupted my thoughts by raising her voice a little. "So what is it? Your decision please! I'm getting bored, though I'm sure your not, my life story was very interesting wasn't it!" I had to respond now, there was no choice in the matter of Alice would probably die.

"Fine. When and where do I lead Edward to you?" I replied firmly. I would have to work out a plan to warn Edward later, right now Alice's life came first. Alice started to writhe in her captors grip, her eyes going wide, but Tanyas grasp never wavered, she only smiled and gave me the details.

"Thers a carnival coming soon to town isn't there? I saw a poster on the way here, can you make it for about 7pm today? Its about 1am in the morning right now, that gives you ages!" It was true that there was a funfair or somesort was coming to publicise their main fair somwhere in Port Angales, but I wasn't planning on going, and im sure neither was Edward. Before i could ask to change the destination she continued. "So lets go there! Have a good time with him! I'm sure if its YOU that asks him he won't have any objections to coming. It will be your last time together." She concluded. I supposed that made sense. Edward would always want me to be happy, and i could just say it was one of my 'human experiences' as I wouldnt really be able to be around that many people after my transformation. He would believe that, right? And then I would just have to figure out a plan to get Alice back and make Tanya go away. Sounds impossible to me but if its the impossible i have to do to save Alice and Edward, I'll give it a go.

"Ok. Ill be there with Edward, then I suppose I will see you there then? I have to go home, I do have to sleep you know, and you interupted it." I hated to leave Alice here with the woman who said she would kill her, but I trusted she wouldnt do anything to harm her, because then she wouldnt get Edward.

Tanya giggled. "Fine, but you know I'll be watching. Edwards your boyfriend! You'll have his phone number, and I will take precautions to ensure Edward doesn't know about this meeting." She said more sternly at the end.

"Of course. See you soon Alice, everything will be good soon! I promise!" I tried to sound positive but once again my acting skills gave away how truly terrified i actually was. "And oh...bye Tanya." She giggled and i turned to escape this hellish nightmare. I ran back though the path I came up what seemed like years ago, stumbling more times than the first journey here. Thousands of questions whizzed through my mind. "What do I do?!" "How will I alert Edward to the situation?" "WILL I REALLY LOOSE EDWARD IF I FAIL?" the questions swam round and round in my head as if they were trapped in a whirlpool, torturing me, terryfying me. I reached the edge of the forest and raced for my house, not caring about the tears brimming in my eyes, and spilling over. Without even realising it i was back home, and I flung myself into bed, covering myself with the quilts, hoping it would shield me from the madness surrounding me. Slowly I drifted off into a dream full of terror and uncertainty...

When I woke up and looked at my clock it said 5:27. About 13 hours 30 minutes left to figure out a plan. Edward wasn't here because he was still hunting, so I decided to call him.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Bella! What are you doing up so early! Is something wrong?" I reminded myself not to tell him anything, fearing Tanya was watching.

"No Edward! Everythings fine! I just wanted to talk to you about something." I said as happily as I was able. Relieved that nothing was wrong, Edward replied in a happier tone.

"About what?"

************************************************

Cliff hanger!?!?! What will Bella do? Right now...I really dont know! i guess i should have thought about that! But i really hoped you liked it and thanks for reading this far! I know its boring :) it means a lot :)