An Ocean Between Us

Chapter 2

Sydney's Point Of View

I heard muttering outside of my door. Too low for me to make out so I quickly got dressed and opened up my room door to see what they were talking about.

"What were you two talking about? I heard muttering and such outside of my door, what is it?" I asked

Both Daniel and Hunter were frozen and stared at me blankly. They both looked pale, especially Daniel. It may be something I shouldn't worry about.

"Never mind, y'all look so pale, it must not be any of my business..." I trailed off.

"Uh... Yeah, why don't you go get some breakfast or something. We don't want you to be tired on your first day of high school." Hunter said, a little nervously.

Something is definitely going on that I might need to know about.

I ran downstairs, not looking behind myself, and got some breakfast.

Daniel's Point Of View

That was so freaking close...

"Why didn't you ask her?" Hunter asked with a harsh tone.

"Because of Annab-" My phone rang before I could finish my sentence. It was her, Annabelle.

I sigh, then answer my phone.

"Hello, darling." I said in a fake happy tone.

"Hey babe, where are you? I'm standing at your door." She said happily.

I froze completely. What will her reaction be when I tell her I'm at Hunter's? She knows I like Sydney but she doesn't know how much I do and I don't plan on telling her how much either. Now I have Sydney in my mind. She's so freaking gorgeous, and...

"Babe? You still there?"

I forgot I was on the phone with her.

"Uh, yeah, I'm here. What were you saying?" I totally blanked out for a few seconds.

"Where are you?" She sounded a little annoyed.

"At Hunter's. Why are you at my house so early?"

"You're always at his house! I bet you were talking to that Sydney chick again, weren't you? Look, if you're interested in her already then lets get over this!" Yeah, she's annoyed.

Wait, I never said I was with Sydney... Did I?

"No, she's eating breakfast and I'm in Hunter's room. Just come to his house already. And there isn't anything going on with Sydney and I, okay! You're just a little jealous that I've known her longer than you but that doesn't mean she's as special as you. You have me and she doesn't." Yet.

"That's my sweetheart. Well I'll be over there in a minute, okay? I'll miss you." She's happy again.

Hah. I won't miss you...

"I'll miss you too." I lie.

"MWAH! Buh-bye!" She hangs up.

Jesus, she has to be bipolar or something. How did I even ask her out?

"She's on you're case about you're crush on Sydney again?" Hunter asks, knowing that I'm a little ticked.

"Yeah. Every time I'm over here, she assumes that. I would tell her what it means to assume but she'd kill me."

"She assumes what? And who is 'she'?" Sydney was outside of Hunter's room door with Annabelle next to her.

I'm so screwed...