chapter 3

I turned to look at Keirran. "Okay, now I know that you didn't arrange this with Meghan."

He threw his hands up in mock surrender. "Fine, fine, you got me. But three is better than two and Ethan is pretty good."

I sighed in resignation. I knew that this was a fight I wasn't going to win. "Whatever, What are we doing on the roof?"

"Leaving of course." He walked up to the edge of the roof, causing my heart to thump voilently.

"Careful!" I cryed out before I could stop myself. He turned and gave me a cheeky grin before leaping over the edge. Ethan clamped his hand over my mouth, muffling my scream. I closed my eyes. Oh Keirran.

"Look." Ethan murmured in my ear. I forced my eyes open. Keirran was shooting upwards like a rocket, riding a weird bug like creature made of metal. He turned and landed lightly on the roof. "Show off." Ethan grumbled.

"Awww, are you jealous?"

"In you're dreams prince."

"Guys stop wasting time." I said pretending to be bored of their bickering, but in reality I was so releived that Keirran was okay, I wouldn't have minded if they had argued all night long.

"After you." said Keirran guesturing at the bug he had recently dismounted. Two more had flown to join it.

"W-what?" I croaked. "We're not going to have to jump are we."

"Well you can stay up here all night if you want, or we can go and save you're mum." I walked several trembling steps towards the edge.

"I can't do it." I said stopping dead in my tracks when I saw the drop beneath me. "I can't do it Keirran." I turned to face him, tears welling up in my eyes. His gorgeous blue eyes looked deep into mine.

 He held out his hand. "Together?" I took a shaky breath and nodded. His long slender fingers locked with mine. I'm surprised I didn't stop his blood circulation I was gripping his hand so tightly. "3...........2..........." I looked up at him, only to find him already staring at me. "1." We jumped. I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out. I felt something curl around my arms and the top of my back. I found myself no longer falling but flying in a straight line.

"Beck you need to let go." I opened my eyes and found that the bug had caught me, his back legs forming a sort of hamock beneath me. I turned and saw Keirran was flying beside me. I glanced down, I was still gripping his hand.

"Sorry." I said, hastily letting go.

"Use the front legs to steer."

"What?"

"Look." He demonstrated.  "Right leg goes right, left leg goes left, both to go down and push them both up gently to go up."

"Right." I grasped the legs in front of me.

"Where are we going?"  I turned to see Ethan flying along beside us.

“We might as well start at New York.”

“I thought they had evacuated their old base.”

“I know but we may find something that tells us were they’ve gone.”

“Well that’s an amazing plan. What if there isn’t anything? What then Keirran?” I didn’t want to but I agreed with Ethan. The sooner we found mum the better, and unless we had a good plan we could be a while.