Don't Look

1. A man stood at the side of the wall, smoking, figure shadowed, 5
2. A creature stood at the end of the dark alley, growl rumbling with flames heavy in the air, 2

First option it is!

I've forgotten to mention but the votes will be accumulated from AO3, Tumblr and Wattpad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man stood at the side of the wall, smoking, figure shadowed

You paused and narrowed your eyes at the man. Something was not right with him. You couldn't put a finger to it, but everything about the shadowed figure screamed danger at you. Your grip tightened on the handle of the bat, your smile strained as you stopped humming. You could had walked away from the alley to where light was brighter, but you didn't.

You continued walking, feigning oblivious. It was one of the things that you were good at, but you doubted it the moment you saw the man. You carefully walked passed him, forcing yourself not to tense up when you moved in front of him. A good meter away, you heaved slightly in relief that the man ignored you.

"Hey." You tensed up. "You dropped this." You turned and saw him picking up your baseball gloves. True to what he said, you did indeed drop it. Cursing yourself internally, you smiled and reached over. "Thank you-" Your word died at the back of your throat when he stood straight.

1. You ran.

2. You froze.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes close on: 9 September 2018

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc. etc. mistakes]