4:

Finley gets to her door and opens it up slowly "what do you want?"

"Are you still sleepin lass?" Murphy's voice soothes her ears.

She perks up a bit, not expecting to see him today "what are you doing here? And at.." she leans back to look at the microwave "6:36 in the morning."

He explains "you said you'd go out again."

"I did, but this early in the morning? You only just left here like 6 hours ago yourself." She opens the door, allowing him to come in.

He stands where he is "oh? So you're not happy to see me? I should just go?"

He acts if he's going to walk away but Finley stops him "now that's not what I'm saying, but what kind of date are you taking me on at 6:30 in the morning?"

He smiles "get dressed and meet me downstairs. Something nice."

He walks away, not letting her protest, argue or even agree. She sighs and shuts the door, moving to her drawer to grab a change of clothes. After throwing on a maxi dress and running a brush through her hair she touches up her makeup and meets Murphy downstairs "Alright, hows this?"

"Good!" Murphy leans in to give her a kiss on the lips. He pulls away after the peck, knowing he could stay on that street for hours just kissing her "good morning" he lifts up his hand with a cup of coffee in it.

"Ahhh, coffee!" Finley happily takes the cup from his hand and sips at it "you're the best!"

"Ready to go?" He then asks, opening his arm for her to take.

She moves the coffee cup to the other hand and wraps her arm with his "so, you gonna tell me where we're going?"

"You'll see." He has a smile on his face as his eyes stay focused ahead.

They walk a few blocks before they get to where he was taking her "so, our second date is church?" She eyes the Catholic Church in front of her "a little unconventional but I like that."

"I figured you would." He admits "besides, if we're really gonna do this then I gotta know how serious you take it."

"And you didn't want to ask?" She asks as they walk up some steps to go inside.

He shrugs one shoulder "better to see."

She smirks and nods, and the two get inside just as it's starting. Finley recognizes Conner standing in the back of a pew and once they walk towards him he utters "cuttin' it fuckin' close."

Finley gives him a side glare and Murphy catches it. He leans towards her and whispers in her ear "we ain't perfect, but we're here."

She nods in agreement and bows her head to go along with the prayer. She's a bit surprised when Conner doesn't stay the entire service. He walks directly past everyone, to the front of the church and bows down at the statue of Jesus. He then continues on to leave through the back. No one but me looks around startled and everyone just listens to the message. When church is over, Murphy and Finley leave through the front "does your brother always do that?" She questions once they get outside.

Murphy answers "we don't always stay for the entire thing."

"Why not?" She asks.

He replies "religion is more than just going to church on Sunday, Finley."

"Well, I know that. But don't you think it's important to stay for the message, to take it in and try to live it that next week?" She asks him as she follows his lead down the street.

"Maybe, but sometimes it's boring as shit and I can get just as much readin' the Bible myself." He replies honestly.

She replies "fair enough, so what now?"