Chapter 15 - Burn

Start from the beginning

"That's what I said! But then Finn was like-"

"When I was 8 I got a burn from really hot water spilling on me, so I just wanted to come in to make sure she was ok." Finn explains. She nods.

"Can I take a look at where the water spilled?" The nurse asks. I nod and show her my arm. She lifts up my sweater, revealing a dark red, almost purple mark. "Ooo, yikes. This is actually really bad."

"Hah, I told you!" Finn tells me.

"Shut up." I nudge him.

"Does this hurt?" She asks, pressing kinda hard on the burn. I suck in a sharp breath.

"OW YES!"

"Ok, I'm gonna give you this burn cream, and it should help ease the pain a bit, and reduce the size." She says, handing me a tube.

"Ok." I say, taking it from her hand.

"Thank you." Finn says, grabbing my hand, interlacing our fingers.

"No problem." The nurse smiles, waving as we leave.

We get outside and get in the car.

"So do you wanna go somewhere while we're out? Like the mall or something?" Finn asks.

"Sure, why not?" I smile.

Finn turns up the radio and a Beyonce song comes on.

"They will not be pushed aside and turned into your own, all 'cause you won't listen! Listen, I am alone at a crossroads, I'm not at home in my own home!" I sing.

"Woah hold on!" Finn says, turning down the radio.

"What?"

"You never told me you sing."

"Well it's not what I'm known for." I say, as if I'm known for anything? "I guess I do?"

"HELL YEAH YOU DO!" He smiles. "That was really good!"

"Seriously?"

"YEAH!" He smiles.

He turns up the radio, and we drive a little more, then we pull into the mall parking lot.

"What do you wanna do first?" Finn asks.

"Food court. I'm starving. I never got to eat my oatmeal." I pout.

"Ok. Let's go." He laughs. "Panda, McDonalds, or Chick-fil-a?" Those are the three places we always eat from.

"McDonalds, what else?" I smile, and run to the line.

"I'll have a McDouble with no pickles please." I say.

"And I'll have a big mac." Finn orders.

"Ok, that'll be $5.97." Says the worker. Finn hands her his credit card and we sit down to eat.

-

Finn's POV

"Those are so pretty!" Millie squeals, pointing out a pair of earrings.

"Yup." I say, slowly nodding. I had already got that pair of earrings for her for Christmas.

"You know nothing about beauty." She giggles, rolling her eyes.

"Oh yes I do."

"Oh do you now?"

"Yup. I know for a fact that I have a pretty damn beautiful girlfriend that I wouldn't trade for the world." I say, putting my arm around her, making her blush. "Blushie!"

"Let's not bring that crap back." She says, pushing me away, laughing. "Anyway, these earrings are beautiful, but you can't tell." She says.

"Hm, I'm not sure about that." I smile.

"Why?" She asks.

"No reason. I just know they're beautiful, just like someone I know."

"Finn Wolfhard, you are so cheesy." She smiles.

We finish shopping and get back into the car. It's about 5:30 now. When we get back to the school, we head up to our room and I lay down on my bed, as Finn goes to take a shower.

I feel the heat coming from the bathroom and it feels really nice. It's about 40 degrees outside right now.

"MILLIE DON'T FORGET TO PUT THAT BURN CREAM ON YOUR ARM!" Finn shouts from the shower. What a caring boyfriend I have. Gosh, how did I get so lucky? I get out the cream and apply it to my arm. It stings a little bit, but not too much.

Finn comes out of the bathroom and crawls into bed and cuddles up against me. His damp curls brush against my face. I flip over so I'm facing him. He smiles at me, and gives me a small peck on the lips. I smile back, close my eyes, and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More of a filler chapter, but I hope you liked it. I thought the mall part was cute. Not sure what the heck inspired the burn part, but yeah.

Write your suggestions for other stuff in the story here!!