Champagne

All you knew about this party was that the Lodge's were throwing it and you and a plus one were invited. Of course it took some convincing, but you finally managed to persuade Sweet Pea to agree to come. Being a Serpent, he wasn't exactly fond of the Lodge family, but Veronica was your best friend and she happened to be performing tonight anyway.

Looking around the party, Sweet Pea is no where in sight. You assume traffic is to blame and head towards the bar.

"Hi, one gin please." You tell the bartender. You had to get through this night somehow.

"Hi there." You spin around to see an unfamiliar face. He has curly black hair and a smile on his face. "I'm Nick. Nick St. Clair."

"Hi, I'm Y/N-" you reach out to shake his hand but he instead lifts your hand to his lips. You're caught off guard but decide to be polite and just smile.

"Let me get you something else. Champagne, perhaps?" He asks.

"That's nice of you, but I already ordered something." You politely tell him, looking back to the bartender.

"No, really, my treat." He walks up to the bar and orders a champagne while you stand behind him looking around awkwardly. If Sweet Pea was here he would be so mad that a random, relatively good looking guy, was talking to you and buying you drinks. If he was here.. 

The rebellious side of you decides that Sweet Pea can't tell you who or who not to talk too. Especially if he didn't even bother to show up on time.

"Here you go." Nick says with a sly smile. You ignore how it rubs you the wrong way. You thank him before taking a long sip of the champagne.

~*~

As Veronica and Josie perform, you start to feel off. Something isn't right.

"Are you okay?" You swear you hear a smirk in Nick's voice. You had almost forgotten he was still standing next to you.

"I just..need some air." You say, leaning against him for support. Air sounds good. You feel like you could hit the ground at any minute. Why isn't Sweet Pea here yet?

"Here, lets get you somewhere to rest." Nick's hands snake around your waist and guide you out of the room. You want his hands off of you but everything feels heavy, hazy.

Just before Nick pulls you out, you see Sweet Pea looking around at the other side of the room. You see he has a tux on too. He put a tux on for you. You call out his name but for some reason it comes out weak, quiet.

The voices of Veronica and Josie fade until you can no longer hear them singing. You vaguely see Nick unlocking a door and you find yourself slumping against the wall next to it.

"Sweet Pea.." you groan again, your head pounding.

"He's not here." Nick says angrily. "I am." Suddenly his hands are back on your waist and guiding your paralyzed body to a king size bed.

~*~
Sweet Pea's POV

I scan the room once more before going to the bar. Maybe she hasn't shown up yet? I highly doubt that, Y/N's never late for anything like this. When I see her I'm sure she'll be more than pleased that I actually put on a tux. The things I do for her.