Chapter 1: Reunited.

Chapter 1: Reunited

"So what brings you here though? I never pictured you as a nurse, or should I say a soon to be nurse?"

Brandon smiled. "Honestly. My mother had been suffering from cancer all these years and when she passed away almost nine

months ago, I decided I wanted to get in medicine. since, I couldn't help my mom, why shouldn't I reach out and help others? Plus my aunt works here so I had a few connections."

Monica was stunned. Her face showed more expression than she has ever had while in the hospital. "Oh my god Brandon!" She reached in and gave him a hug. "I'm so sorry." She began to rub his back.

"Nah, Its all good. I came to terms with her death. We both knew it was going to happen one day."

Monica nodded. "You're a strong guy." She wiped a fallen tear that had escaped from her eye.

Brandon shook his head before just smiling. "But you're strong aswell. I could not have gone all through all the shi-stuff you had to encounter.

"Im still dealing with it. Shit's not going away."

Brandon began to rub Monica's back in a circular motion. "You're going to pull through. I know it."

"I hope." Monica half smiled.

"But." Brandon stopped as he laughed. "Let's get back to work. They actually want me to come help you with communication and what not."

"Boy, bye." Monica shooed him off.

"Chill." Brandon laughed. "I'm not going to treat you like a crazy person. I brought something to keep us occupied though."

"Uh huh, like what?"

"Scramble!" Brandon smiled as he shook the box.

Monica rolled her eyes playfully before looking Brandon up and down.

"Hm maybe." Monica placed her finger over her lip.

"Girl, there is no 'maybe' we will be playing this whether you like it or not." Brandon smiled mischeviously.

"Yeah, now I know why I didn't miss your bitch ass." Monica laughed as she pointed her index finger towards Brandon.

"Me?" Brandon pointed to himself.

"Yes, you."

"Gurllll, please." Brandon rolled his tongue. "You missed my sexy ass." He licked his lips.

"Boy, bye."

The two laughed as Brandon set out the board game onto the table before sitting parallel to Monica.

"You ready to lose?" Brandon questioned as dropped the letters of the game onto the free space of the table.

"All I do is win, win, win no matter what!" Monica sang.

"Yeah whatever!"

**

"K Brandon there's no way in hell you're going to spell out PUSSY as a word. Nigga no!"

"Gurh, you mad..." Brandon smacked his lips. "OH NAH?"

Monica laughed. "You're so ugly."

The two ended up playing three more rounds of Scramble until Brandon's shift was over.

Brandon sighed as he stood up and stretched his arms out. "Hope next time, you're not just all talk. You'll show me some action." Brandon teased.

"Get out of my room." Monica laughed.