Chapter Six: Day One of the Tour

Louis Tomlinson

“Is that all your bags?” Liam asks Katy, wiping a bead of sweat off his forehead.

She had six suitcases full of stuff. I had no idea what the bloody hell she had in them, but I knew they were super heavy.

“Yep,” she answered, rocking back and forth on her feet.

It has been two weeks since Katy had woken up. We were now heading back on the tour, she with us. I was excited, to say the least. I knew she was too, for she got to spend the next six months with her older brother. She and Liam were tight. I felt bad because she never got to see him because of our constant traveling and what-not. But it was all going to be okay now… I hoped.

“I’m going to miss you,” Liam and Katy’s mum says, kissing each of their cheeks.

“Liam, you take care of her. Do you understand me?” their dad asks.

The man was very intimidating to tell you the truth. I felt bad for any guy that Katy went out that met him.

“Yes, Dad,” Liam replies, hugging his father.

They finish up with their goodbyes with each of their children, bidding the guys and I goodbye’s as well. I knew Katy would miss them, but I also knew she’d rather be with Liam on tour.

This was sure to be an eventful ride to the airport. Who knew how crazy the tour was going to be.

We all piled into the car that was driven by some guy that Paul had assigned to us.

“Guys, check this out,” Katy says, plugging her iPod into the speakers.

An unfamiliar, yet likeable, song played through the speakers.

“Who is it?” I ask.

“All Time Low,” she replies. “It’s called Weightless.”

“Manage me, I’m a mess. Turn a page, I’m a book half unread. I wanna be laughed at, laughed with just because. I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough. I’m stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second hand pick me up. And I’m over getting older. If I could just find the time, then I’d never let another day go by. I’m over getting old. Maybe it’s not my weekend, but it’s gonna be my year. And I’m so sick of watching all the minutes pass as I go nowhere. And this is my reaction to everything I fear. ‘Cause I’ve been going crazy. I don’t wanna waste another minute here.”

The lyrics reminded me of Katy’s situation. To me, it seems like she wants to be “weightless” and “live it up just because”. Well, I had news for her: I was going to be right beside her the whole time, as was Liam and the other guys.

***

“Holy crap,” Katy mutters, dropping her purse onto the couch.

We were now in America in our suite. Right now we were in Los Angeles, California. This was Katy’s first time in America, so it was all new to her. It was like watching a puppy manage in its new home.

“You like?” Liam grins.

“Like?” she repeats. “More like love.”

She runs around the hotel suite, coming back with a huge smile on her face.

“There’s a freaking huge Jacuzzi bathtub,” she says excitedly.

I can’t help but smile at her enthusiasm. She had just gone through one of the most terrible things a person could, yet she had the hugest smile on her face because of a bathtub. It was inspiring really.

“Louis,” Niall says, nudging me with his elbow. “Quit staring. She’s going to think you’re creepy.”

I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. Louis Tomlinson does NOT blush. Not even Eleanor or something about Eleanor can make me blush. Is that bad?

I didn’t care. I was with my best friends, a very gorgeous girl, and I didn’t have a care in the world. I was happy.