IMAGINE: Francis and you falling in love

Start from the beginning

You smile proudly. "That's why I love it here so much. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else." You sigh.

"Being the crown princess, you're to inherit all of this one day." He says as more of a statement than a question.

"And I hope to keep it in all of its glory like my father has."

"You will." Francis smiles at you.

"How would you know?" You laugh.

"Because I see the way your eyes light when you talk about Ireland so passionately. You know what you love about this place and you will endeavor to keep it that way. You will endeavor to keep it in all of its glory—perhaps even make it better." He offers.

You look up at him in surprise and then smile. "Why, thank you, Francis. That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." You say. He smiles back at you and quickly looks away, flushing. Suddenly, his right foot slips on a muddy spot in the grass and he falls to his knees with a solid thud, gasping.

     "Francis!" You exclaim, kneeling beside him. His ankle is twisted at such an odd ankle that it makes you wince. "Are you all right?" You ask.

"My ankle. I think I've twisted it." He grimaces.

"Oh dear." You breathe. You put your arms around, trying to calm your crazily beating heart. "I'm going to help you stand and get back to the kingdom. I'll send for a doctor."

He nods, clenching his jaw. "On three. One, two, three..." You help Francis stand and he gasps sharply, holding onto you. He's biting his bottom lip so hard, you're scared it's going to start bleeding.

"We'll take it nice and slow, okay? Just keep your foot off the ground and lean on me." You instruct.

"Y/N, I feel so bad—"

"Don't. Stop. It's okay. It's fine. Just lean on me." You say. Francis nods, in too much pain to resist. He wraps his arm around your shoulders and leans on you. It's a slow going pace, Francis practically hopping. You stop every once in a while so you both can catch your breath.

"Sorry for spoiling the day." Francis grumbles as you both rest again some rocks.

"It was an accident, Francis. I'm sorry that I even took you there. This never would have happened in the first place."

"Don't be. I'm not sorry that you took me there. It was quite lovely." He smiles through the pain. You smile a little back at him. Your smile vanishes as you hear thunder rumble. You frown deeply and put your arms around Francis again, helping him up.

"Come on. A storm's coming. We'd better hurry."

     By time you make it back to the castle, Francis and you are completely drenched. The rain pours down hard, lightning flashes in the sky, and the thunder is so load, it shakes the ground.

"Oh, my lady! My lord!" A servant exclaims, seeing you both, arms wrapped tightly around each other, shivering.

"Is there a fire in the main sitting room?" You ask a little breathlessly. The servant nods. "We'll go there. Please...send for a doctor. King Francis twisted his ankle quite violently. Send for tea too. And blankets. Please." You chatter out. She nods again and quickly hurries away to do your bidding.

You take Francis to the sitting room and both of you collapse onto the floor near the huge fire place. "Thank you...for saving me." Francis whispers to you, holding your cold hand in his shaking one.

"I didn't save you." You laugh tiredly. He looks at you, his hair startling to dry and curl. Your mouth goes dry at the look he's giving you. You shiver, not because you're cold.