Chapter 1.

"Ada! Get down here now." I hear my dad's stern voice call through the intercom. I groan wanting to sleep in more but knowing if I make him wait any longer I'll just make it ten times worse for myself. I trudge down the stairs not looking forward to whatever conversation we're about to have. As I approach the kitchen I see Dorota, our housekeeper sending me a look of sympathy already signaling this is going to result in some sort of screaming match. I enter the kitchen to see both my mother and father seated at the table eating breakfast, that Dorota most likely prepared for them.

"Young lady we have to speak to you." My father starts in an unpleasant tone.

"Okay, about what?" I carefully question wondering where on earth this conversation was going. My father puts down three magazines on the table and slides them toward me.

"This," he says through gritted teeth. "Let's read them shall we? 'Hudson Mann's daughter slutting around?', 'Ada Mann caught smoking joint in the Hamptons!', 'Ada Mann growing up too fast?' What the hell is this Ada? Do you know what this could do to our family's image? Do you know how hard I've worked to get to where I am? And now your poor choices put us in jeopardy. Can you for once not be so selfish and maybe just maybe think about how your decisions affect everyone in this family, did you even think about what this does to your mother and I?" At this point he's fuming which I knew wouldn't take long. I take in everything he says and laugh, I full on laugh at how pathetic this is.

"So let me get this straight. You just read about your own daughter 'slutting around' and smoking weed, and you're mad about the fact that your perfect family image is gone? No, Ada are you okay? Ada do you need rehab? Ada let's talk about this and figure out why you did this? That's fucking great, real great." I half shout at him.

"Ada watch your language, it's not lady like to swear." My mother scolds.

"This is ridiculous, this is truly ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous is your behavior young lady. What happened to my innocent little girl? Do you think I enjoyed reading that you slept with three different guys or for god's sake smoked pot?!"

"First things first I didn't sleep with them. We just made out."

"Oh because that makes it better! Do you hear that Mary they just made out!!" He sarcastically exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"Like I was saying we didn't sleep together or anything. And I smoked weed once okay? It's not that big of a deal everyone does it."

"Do you hear yourself? Are you actually trying to justify your behavior and make it okay? Well lucky for you I pulled some major strings and have a way to better our image to the media."

"And how exactly did you do that?" I ask.

"I talked to Modest Management and got you a full time job."

"A job? What kind of job?"

"You're going to be Harry Styles new girlfriend." My dad announces proudly as if he just fixed every problem in the world.

"You're kidding right? Your way of bettering our image is for me to date Harry Styles?" I asked outraged.

"Honey it's not only bettering the family image but we're hoping it'll stop your rebellion phase, and even help you hang out with better people. We just want you to have nice friends and be happy." My mother adds, trying to help the situation.

"Oh yes, this is definitely going to help our image. You do realize he just recently had an outlash in an interview."

"Yes we know, that's why Modest agreed to do this. You see apparently Harry has been having some behavioral issues lately, but he's managed to hide it from the media until recently. His outlash was terrible press for them so Modest is hoping getting a girlfriend will help get him in line and help his image as well. If he has a girlfriend that he treats right it'll make him look like a good guy to the media. And since they're about to go on tour you'll have to travel with them so we can really sell this girlfriend thing, which will help you stay out of trouble and away from your delinquent friends. So you see this really is a win, win situation." My father explains.

"Well what if I say no? You can't make me do this, I didn't sign a contract." I smirk. They should've thought this through.

"Actually you did, remember when we asked you to sign legal documentation that was for your "passport" it was actually the contract, we knew you'd never agree to this so we had to play dirty."

"What the actual fuck? What kind of parents are you?" I start shouting again, outraged that they were willing to stoop that low, how is that even fucking legal?

"Listen we're only trying to look out for you and since you've messed up our image we had to fix it somehow. We're hoping by the end of this you'll be our sweet, little Ada again and can stop this foolish behavior."

"How fucking long do I have to do this?"

"A year and a half." As I hear those words I walk out of the room before I start another screaming match. As I'm about to go up the stairs my mother calls me.

"Oh and Ada you're meeting him tomorrow so I best suggest you freshen up beforehand, we don't want him to get the wrong impression." I run up the stairs and slam the door hoping my parents get the message.

a/n: hi guys I promise I won't do many author's notes I just wanted to make one for the first chapter, so if you guys could comment feedback that would be awesome! I have some really good things planned for this story but don't know if you guys are interested so please comment, thank you :) xx.