Chapter 8: YOU LITTLE CHICKEN NUGGET

Start from the beginning

I smile at Alex and swallow. He notices this. "Hey, hey, hey nothing happened, you're safe," he puts his hands on my shoulders and brushes a lock of hair behind my ear and I look up, his eyes widen and he mumbles a "bye," before walking away at full speed. I stare after him, a slight blush on my cheeks.

 I turn to go into the classroom and I see Amanda standing in the hallway, staring at me with an angry face, breathing heavily. I quickly turn around and walk into the classroom. I sit at a desk and swing my bag underneath. Amanda walks in a couple of seconds later and crosses her arms as she walks past me. 

I take out my book and pencil case. I start doodling before I hear a voice behind me. "Hey! I know you!" I turn to face the girl behind me. She smiles. I recognize her, she's the model I was talking to at the shoot. Her dark hair puffs behind her in a messy bun, and she rocks her trendy glasses. 

"Yeah! I saw you at that modelling thing I did?" 

"Yup!" she pops the 'p'. "You know Alex Collins then?" 

"I wish I didn't," I scoff. 

She smiles. "You guys are so cute, so many girls are jealous."

"Cute? That's the opposite of what we are," I say. 

"You even have nicknames for each other!" 

"We don- Oh... Yeah."

"You actually call him babe! Are you not together?"

I gag. "I would never dream of it!"

"Because you won't allow yourself to?"

"No, because it would be a nightmare not a dream."

She sighs. "I don't understand how you don't find him the most beautiful person that walked on the earth! Girls would give a million dollars to have what you have with him!"

"I'll give it to them for free."

"Then you'd hate yourself."

"Nope, I'd love myself."

She smiles. "I'm Meghan."

"Natalie," I shake her hand professionally and we laugh. 

"But seriously, don't you think he's good looking?" she says. I look down and fidget with my pen. "Oh My God! You do!"

"Nope, nope, nope," I say.

"You totally-" she's cut off by the teacher who begins the lesson, I'm really thankful. I write notes until the lesson finished. I pack up my bag and walk out, Meghan hurries along behind me. 

"I think you've got someone watching you," she whispers and I turn my head around. I see a boy watching me. He quickly walks out of the classroom and whips his head around when I turn to look. He's got curly hair and brown eyes. His hair isn't as curly or as dark as Alex's. He's got a muscular build, although, while Alex is lean, this guy's more bulky. He is tall, around my height, but not close to Alex's. He has small lips and a long nose. He's pretty good looking, but nowhere near as hot as Alex.

Oh my God. Did I just compare him to Alex? 

"Oh," I turn to Meghan. "Where do you sit at lunch?" 

"Oh, well usually I go to the library, people have invited me to sit with them at lunch, but nah, I'd prefer to look at things interweb."

"Oh, well, if, for one day, you wanted to come sit with me, you'd be welcome to!" I say, smiling at her.

"I might take you up on that offer today, actually, the only websites I have yet to investigate are gossip girl magazines, and I do not wanna read them," she smiles and we walk off to the cafeteria together.