"you pinky promised me." she whispered, her voice cracking as her sobs become muffled by his body. he physically heard his heart crack, now thinking his parents could have possibly heard it.

"i know baby, i'm sorry." he whispered back. sebastian's blue eyes darken as he looked up to her father.

"octavia didn't break the vase. it was me. you have no idea what your yelling and screaming does her. you're causing her to have anxiety attacks jack! you are hurting your baby. you don't know how after you scream in her face how she runs upstairs to me, saying she can't breathe. how her chest feels tight and her throat feels like it's closing up on her and she doesn't know how to fix it. she told me once she thought she was dying. can you even FATHOM what that did to me? her cries for help went unanswered until she told me the first time it happened. you don't UNDERSTAND the PAIN you are causing this precious 5 year old. you're should be the one yelling at me, the one who's supposed to bicker with their younger sibling, accidentally making them cry. then you come in and yell at me, for making her cry. but here we are; the brother yelling at the step father for making their daughter cry. well done jack, your 5 year old daughter has anxiety. this screaming and yelling is going to traumatize her. she's just a KID." said sebastian, his voice raising with every word he spoke. he stomped his foot on the ground, making his point. octavia jumped in his arms at his sudden action, causing him to hold onto her shaking figure tighter.

he was beyond furious. he could physically feel the steam coming out of his ears like a cartoon character when they get mad. sebastian looked at his mother with sympathy in his blue eyes as he sent glares to his speechless stepfather.

"i got you baby, i got you, everything's going to be okay." sebastian softly said as he walked up the stairs to his room, kicking the door closed with his foot. he sat on the bed as he cradled her in his arms like she was a newborn. the two met eachothers eyes, her hazel ones were bloodshot as her choked sobs filled his room. he rocked her back and forth as her small hands griped his t-shirt.

her cries soon softened as they slowly ended. he continued to hold her like a newborn as he let out a sigh. octavia looked at him as her breathing calmed down. she stuck her hands out as she placed her hands on his face and tried to push his frown into a smile. the 21 year old gave dry chuckle as he placed her on his lap, her facing him.

"you promised me, you said you'd protect me." she whispered as sebastian kept one hand on her back so she wouldn't fall backwards. she grabbed his free hand and played with his fingers, intertwining their fingers.

"i know babygirl, i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. please forgive me avi." he said as he trailed off, looking down at the small child in his arms. the little girl he vowed to protect from the horrors her father would cause and he failed her. this was the only girl he's ever loved, besides his mother, and she's currently broken.

"i love you octavia ray." her mouth curved upwards as she pulled his face down to kiss him, putting a smile on his face.

"i love you more sebby boo bear. i'm not mad at you, don't think i am, no matter what sebby, you'll always come to the rescue, like you always have."

sebastian faced octavia as he cupped her cheeks, softly forcing her to look him in the eyes. she let out a gasp as she felt like the air was leaving her lungs. she reached out, to grab something- anything. she grabbed his shirt collar fiercely as her breathing became rapid, tears falling down her face as they always did.

"deep breathes love, count to ten with me." said sebastian calmly as his eyes never left hers. that was trick he learned as she slowly got older, counting to ten would help her breathing calm down. as they counted, he had been meaning to ask her if she'd been taking her anxiety medicine.

i'll ask her later.

they counted to ten as her choppy breathes became deep ones. he released his hands from her face as he had his legs open, for octavia to sit in between. she leaned toward and rested her head on his chest. he sighed as he rubbed her back.

"what happened avi? what triggered it?"

"memories. everything reminds me of robby, dad, that day in march. make it go away seb, please help me. please." she begged, balling his shirt up in her hands like she used to when she was little. sebastian sighed as his head rested on her's. he placed a subtle kiss on her head as he played with her hair. being in his arms was her only sense of comfort; safeness while growing up.

"i know babygirl." he let out a sigh. "i know, but i got you and i'm never letting you go. i promise. i've got you avi." she trembled in his arms as he held onto her tighter.

"you're safe now."

i cried while i wrote this because it's sadly all relatable, besides seb being my brother😭 so here's a cute tony stark gif because he's adorable