f i f t e e n

what i imagined sebastian looking like at 21

octavia was released from the hospital the next day, immediately requesting mcdonalds. everyone groaned as chris reluctantly pulled into the drive-through and got her chicken nuggets and fries. chris, from the front seat passed the food back to her. she gave him her award winning smile as she took it from his hand.

"thank you." she said as chris smiled back at her. she sent a glare to tom who stole a fry, them automatically stole a kiss on the cheek, leaving octavia's cheeks crimson red all the way back.

octavia and sebastian walked into their room as she immediately grabbed a pair of clothes and a towel. she was very eager for a shower but isn't able to get her hair wet. she had sebastian carefully put a hair cap on that held her carmel hair dry. she let the hot water come out of the shower head, onto her body, then down drain. she reluctantly turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. she dressed in one of sebastian's oversized t shirts and her underwear. because of their huge height difference of him being a whole 7 inches taller, the faded AC/DC shirt reached right above her knees like a dress.

she removed the colored hair cap as her mid back length hair fell. she looked at herself in the mirror, her hazel eyes piercing her own. she continued to stare at herself, her mentally naming off her flaws, insecurities and fears till she made her eyes fill with tears. she almost let one fall until a comforting voice called out to her from the other side of the door.

"avi, you okay?" she took a deep breathe as she stepped out of the bathroom, her locking eyes with her half-brother. she gave a lopsided grin as she sat on the bed next to sebastian. he tossed her the cellphone that she left on the nightstand, knowing she would want it. she took the phone from his hands as the famous 90s show, FRIENDS was playing softly in the background.

a 'fan account' posted a old photo of octavia and robby. a fan had saw them and asked for a photo. what the fan didn't know is that octavia and robby were in a fight. he didn't know his yelling was setting off her anxiety. just looking at the photo caused her to shudder and her heart rate to quicken. she was getting the sadly very familiar feeling of her throat quickly closed up as she dropped her phone, not caring if it had cracked or not. sebastian looked up at his struggling sister and grabbed her hand. her watery eyes looked into his concerned ones. the only four words that her brain could conjure as her thoughts were racing a million miles per hour came out of her mouth.

"i c-can't breathe sebby."

"babygirl, i want you to take a deep breath for me please." sebastian pleaded as octavia sat in his lap, gripping onto his shirt. he softly rubbed her back as her chocked sobs and small whimpers were tearing sebastian's heart into two. the 5 year old was still so small and she was already dealing with anxiety.

"i c-can't breathe sebby." she whispered. her father wasn't an abusive father, but when he freaked out over the simplest things or yelled, it would set off her anxiety. from the day he found out her fathers yelling caused her this pain, he promised her he would protect her. the one time he wasn't here, her father goes ballistic; a way she's never seen before. his screaming, yelling, breaking and their mother unable to stop him. he usually was a kind, loving father but people can't always control their temper, even if it means they were hurting the people they loved the most.

sebastian walked into the house earlier that day after an audition on her father yelling at octavia, something about how she broke the vase. it wasn't her, it was sebastian who never got around to admitting. he slammed the door shut, getting everyone's attention. sebastian's eyes soften as he walked to octavia and picked her up, placing her on his hip. she buried her tiny head into his shoulder.