chapter 1: SCREAMS

Some nights she stays up to hear the crickets chirp. Some nights it sounds like a beautiful song or a night she wished would happen all the time, but most nights she was kept awake by the yelling next door. On those nights she would jump out of her chair she was sitting in and run to the bathroom to block out the screams.

This day she felt she would push the curtains open and unhook the window and pull it up. When she looked out the window she spotted an older man and a boy of her age standing on the sidewalk. Of course I Lilly Woods a human being started to record it.

I was running downstairs my heart began to beat faster and faster until I was at the front door my heart slowed its pace ready to pull open the door. 'Wait stop, why am I doing this?'...' it's just a peek... no Lilly that's rude... Ugh whatever' I slowly started to turn away, when I heard the man yell again.

I turned to the door and opened it. I put my phone on the table and walked out. I closed the door as quiet as possible, and begin to walk to my mom's car hoping they didn't see me and my parents didn't hear me. I ran and hid in front of the car and peered around it.

What I saw made my heart beat faster. The boy began to walk past the car. I ran to the side of the car hoping he didn't see me. I look back to see him being stopped by the older man "Son, you can't talk to me like that your just a weak pathetic piece of trash." My heart drops hearing that.

I watch the boy take a step back and yell "you are no father, you never loved me, the only one who does is Mom!" I saw a tear roll down his face. *Whack* 'He slapped his SON!' my mind was filled with thoughts 'what's happening?' 'why'd he hit him?' 'what kind of father is he' 'what the f--- my thoughts were cut off by the father grabbing the Son and yelling at him. What caught my attention was when the father's last words were.

"You should have never been born"..."So I'll help you with that"... "son" he sounded like a snake.

My skin felt like there were spiders everywhere on my body. Before I could stand up and slap that man. I watched as he shoves the boy in the street. I turn to see a truck coming, I look at the boy who's so confused at what his father did.

He looked up and it was---*honk*

Screams shot through the air.