Chapter 5 // Niall

I started to walk out of the room, but Zayn grabbed my wrist, making me flinch.

"Sorry." He said, loosening his grip. "But let me go talk to him. I don't want him to snap at you."

I sighed. "Of course he's going to snap at me, Zayn. I was just kissing the boy he's so horribly in love with."

"Niall, stop." Zayn said, his voice completely serious. "I'm gonna leave you with Liam, okay? Come on."

Zayn and I walked downstairs, Zayn's hand attached to mine. I felt strange. It was like Zayn thought I needed a constant babysitter, now.

"Liam?" Zayn called when we reached the bottom step. Liam walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Hey Zayn. Hi Niall." Liam said, smiling at the two of us. "What do you need?"

"Keep Niall here for me. I have to go talk to Louis." Zayn said. Before Liam could ask any questions, Zayn was racing upstairs.

I walk up to Liam and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder and beginning to cry. I didn't try to hold back the tears. I couldn't.

"Oh, Niall," Liam whispered, his voice full of sympathy. "Come on, Ni. Don't cry."

I just shook my head while he walked us to the couch, holding onto me tightly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Liam asked. I bit my lip, scared. I couldn't tell Liam.

"You'll hate me." I whispered, because I knew he would. Not only was I gay, but I was in love with Louis. Then there was Louis, who was in love with Zayn, and Zayn, who I'd just made out with.

"I could never hate you Niall." Liam said, and he sounded very sincere. "You're my best friend."

"I . . ." I trailed off, shaking my head. I couldn't say it. "N-no. Can we please talk about it some other time?"

Liam nodded, resting his chin against the top of my head. "I'm always here for you."

"Thanks, Liam." I said, smiling. Liam's so sweet. He deserves to know. I know he deserves to know, but I just can't tell him.

"Of course-" Liam tried to say, but a loud shout from upstairs cut him off.

"You have to tell him!" I think it was Harry that shouted, but I wasn't positive. I raised an eyebrow.

I heard faint talking after that- no more ahouting. I almost asked Liam what was going in, but he looked as confused as I was.

"I-I'm gonna go for a walk." I said, standing up and breaking out if Liam's grip. "I'll be back later, okay?"

Liam nodded, standing up as well. "I'm gonna go see what's going on upstairs."

"Bye Li. And good luck up there." I joked, smiling against the dried tears all over my face.

I hugged him quickly before pulling my hoodie back on my arms and grabbing a hat, shoving it over my messy blonde hair.

I walked out the door and headed down the street, sighing and thinking as I went along.

-•-

It's dark out, now, but I hardly took notice to it. Part of me forgot I was still walking.

I just kept chanting one thing in my head over, and over, and over. Louis will never love me.

In fact, I was so into my thoughts, I didn't notice I was walking in the middle of the road.

Or that there was a car, a big car, going about 70 miles per hour, coming straight for me.

And another thing? It didn't see me, either.