Chapter 7: Wow, my heart is like, a dead milkshake right now

Start from the beginning

"What the hell do you think you're doing dude?" Alex asks me.

"What does it look like? I'm walking home, sugar pie," I gesture around me and walk faster. He drives along beside me.

"Get in! I'll take you home!" he says.

"I've only got another fifteen minutes, I'm fine," I say, then add, "You might wanna swerve you're about to knock over a bin, buttface."

He drives quickly around the bin quickly, just before he hits it. "Natalie! Its not safe, please get in the car."

"What isn't safe is you driving around trash cans," I snort.

"Please Nat! I don't want someone to kidnap you!"

"Then why're you begging me to get into your car?"

"This is different, I know you!"

"Then you'll let me keep going," I walk faster and he swerves around another bin before stopping the car. 

"Nat, I don't want someone seeing you and doing something that could be stopped if you get in the car, please!" 

"No," I stubbornly cross my arms.

"Why not?" he asks me.

"Because, I don't want to get in the car?"

"Why not?"

"Because you're in it and you stink," I walk faster. 

"Oh, come on Nat," he runs after me, grabbing my arm. "I'll ring the police if you don't."

"Why? There is no reason to."

"Yeah, there is, I'm giving you ten seconds," he legit pulls out his phone. "Ten."

"What? You're not seriously going-"

"Nine."

"To call the cops?"

"Eight."

"Stop!"

"Seven," he raises his eyebrows, typing something into his keypad. "Six."

"You're not seriously..."

"Five!" I walk over and see the number on his phone. "Four."

"I cannot believe this!"

"Three," I walk over to the car. "Two," I climb in. "One," I buckle up and he shuts off his phone before walking over and hopping in, looking at me smugly.

"What the heck would you have said?" 

"That there is this girl walking along a street and a creepy guy is following her."

"What but there is no..." I look behind the car and see a dodgy looking dude hanging around a bunch of trees watching us. "Oh my God," I turn around and face the front, pale.

"You're welcome," Alex drives off, I don't say anything. "So where is your place?"

I tell him my address, then I stare off into the distance blankly. Wow, I could've been kidnapped. I'd only had nightmares about this as a kid and thought little of it when I'd heard of people being kidnapped. But I seriously feel scared. THANK YOU SO MUCH ALEX!

He pulls up at my place and walks me up to the front door, my feet feel wobbly. 

"Hey, are you OK?" Alex asks me warily. I look at him and nod, even though I have piercing headache and I'm sure I look like a pale ghost. I walk up to the door. "Is anyone home?" I shake my head. "You sure you're OK?" I nod again and walk up to the door and jiggle my keys before opening the door. The world starts spinning around and I hold onto the door handle. The last thing I hear is, "Oh my God, you're not OK," before the world fades to black.

***

I feel something cold and wet on my forehead and I slowly open my eyes. 

"Alex? What happened?" I see him sitting against the couch on the floor at my head.

"Oh, good you're awake. You fainted, I think you were really freaked out about the guy following you," I remember now, and I think I turn pale because Alex spins around. "Hey, hey, its OK. He's gone," my teeth chatter and my legs shake. He stands up and props me into a sitting position, sitting next to me and laying the blanket over my legs and the shaking decreases a little bit. "You're in shock, its OK, he's gone now," he wraps an arm around me and tilts my head back then presses the wet cloth on to my head. 

"How do you know all this stuff?" I ask him. 

"Well, my mum's doctor, so I know a lot," he shrugs. 

"Thank you," I say and close my eyes, leaning my head on his shoulder.

***

"She's fine now Ms Bennett, she hasn't got a temperature, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have even let her walk out the door without me," I hear Alex say, before I hear footsteps on the steps.

"Thank you so much Alex, it was her own fault she was so stubborn," I can see Mum shaking her head and rolling her eyes in my mind. I only open my eyes when I hear his car pull away. I get up, there is only a slight throbbing in my head now. I see all the lights on in the kitchen and then see the dark sky outside, I must've slept for an hour or two. I think I'm OK now. God, I'm such a drama queen! Alex must think I'm a scared little brat. AGH. The creepy guy following me didn't even do anything! 

I walk into the kitchen and see Mum and Dad, they're speaking in hushed tones. 

"Natalie," Mum says when she sees me. "How difficult can you be? Alex must've had a lot of things on his hands! Next time don't be so stubborn. I really hoped you behaved yourself  at the shoot," she tilts her head and raises her eyebrows sternly. 

"Yes Mum," so much for the 'Oh sweetie! Are you OK?'

 I walk up to my room and chat to Adele, I tell her the events of my day.

"Wow, my heart is like, a dead milkshake right now!" she exclaims when I'm finished.

"What? Why!" 

"Because! He's... He's... I HAVE TO MEET HIM!" she screams. 

"What? Why?" i say again.

"Because! He's a doctor! He kissed you! He hugged you when you fell asleep! Are you in love yet Nat? I think I am and I haven't even met this guy. He's like... your night in shining Armour!" she claps her hands and smiles dreamily. 

I roll my eyes. "He let me walk off. This is all his fault."

"Nup, it was yours. But, I mean, then you got to hug this God!"

I sigh. "I'm taking a shower now. Bye Dele."

"Byeee, Oh and remember to smooch him tomo-" I hang up and take a shower. 

**********************************************************

Hiiii!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment! 

I WANT AN ALEX COLLINS.

Do you?