cht. 1

Chandra

           Everything was dark and completely different from what I was used to. When you live in the light since birth, like I have, that tends to happen. The fall was not as unpleasant as I had expected it to be. Not unpleasant but disgraceful. No longer fulfilling my role as a moon goddess was not what I had planned for my eternal life. Then again, had I really planned on being a moon goddess forever? No, not without having someone by my side. Maybe that was why I admired my sister so much.

           My thoughts came to an end when my body hit, rather hard, onto green grass. I groaned but got up as quickly as I could. Darkness is like a leech to those who have fallen.

           “No wonder Kalona allied with the white bull...” I commented as I stretched out all of my aching muscles. “Alright, dear sister may I please be granted access to your mark?” I called out to the sky.

            No response came from her and that didn’t make me happy. I continued to shout out to her but I never gained a response. Why isn’t she answering me? the thought came into my head in an annoyed scrawl.

            It is because you are not letting the spirit within you nor your goddess side to reach us. It is very hard to hear you, my sister.

          But sister nothing has changed why is the communication between us different?

           Chandra we are in two completely different worlds now. Be patient. Now then, I don’t assume this is what you wanted to talk to me about, is it?

           No. No, of course not. Sister, I’m here but I don’t understand... Where do I go?

           Listen within your heart and go to the house of night.

           But sister, how am I supposed to blend in? I can’t just tell them who I really am.

           Wait there and I will alert them that there should be two kids marked you are one of them. Then just act like nothing is wrong with the High Priestess Neferet. Got it? And ally yourself with Zoey Redbird. Be careful sister.

           I raised my head up high and let out a deep breath. I swiped my hand over my forehead and went over to a pond that was nearby. I smiled at my reflection and let my eyes soak in the new addition to my features.

           “All right, It’s time I go to the Tulsa House of Night like my sister said. Lets just hope I can make a perfect fledgling...” I breathed out as I set off.

                                                                 Mist

          “A flower glow red as it bleeds through a newly burn cut. Thus color show within her eyes show her true colors, Bloody red for the buried past from her past, Deep blue for sadden that be washing over her. Yellow for bright days she wishes she have. Green is for earth which she draw strength from. And Dark purple for who she is within her bruised shield. She gave a parting she is gone.” I finished my lines to my poem that's when the Tracker walked on stage and placed the crescent moon right smack in the middle of my forehead. Everyone started to scream like I was a monster waiting to feed on their souls. I felt like my world was crumbling down. I look around for the quickest way for my sweet escape. I ran to my Mustang. I couldn’t go back to the foster home I have been living at, they will surely think I am a freak. They are people of the faith. Dumbasses.

             “Alright, Mist you can easily break into your own room.” Ah who am I kidding? I couldn’t go back now. I felt as if my chest was tight, I cough to loosen it. How does anyone handle this? Alright lets go home.