𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. Conflicting Emotions

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 — 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

BRENDON FELT CONFLICTED about Peter. Really, he didn't know what to think or feel about him because this boy was his boyfriend and he was always a crime-fighting spider at night who had gotten coffee with him and treated him like he was so special. But now he knows that it's all because Spider-Man was Peter and now Peter's his boyfriend. It wasn't that the superhero was some unknown person who just liked his company; it was his boyfriend.

         He didn't feel betrayed by Peter keeping this a secret, no, that wasn't the problem. The public didn't know Spider-Man's identity so of course he wasn't going to reveal it to his classmate turned boyfriend right away because things could go so badly and they could break up and then Brendon – a random civilian – would know the truth and he could, if he were a terrible person, expose his identity and then Peter's life would be over.

         So he understood that, he didn't mind it. The secret made sense and he understood why Peter would wait to tell him until they've been together longer and it's more likely that they'd be together maybe forever. That's not what he was mad about.

         He was mad that Peter was going to continue meeting him as Spider-Man and lying to him. Because Peter was lying to him. The secret identity, the shadiness...he could live with that. He understood that, but what he didn't understand was the logic to continue double timing Brendon as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man and not letting him know the truth. He was deceiving Brendon and if he was a bigger idiot maybe he would've spilled something he didn't want anyone in his normal life to know but then Peter would. That was wrong; Peter was in the wrong.

         And so he felt conflicted. Because he really liked Peter, with time that would grow into love, but he hated how Peter lied to him. He hated how Peter intentionally went to deceive him that night and then would see him the next day as Peter Parker and act like nothing happened. He hated how Peter saw nothing wrong with his actions and would've never known they were wrong if Brendon hadn't said anything about it.

         He didn't care about Spider-Man; that was really kind of cool and everything. Like, he was Brendon Winchester, a nobody, and he was dating fucking Spider-Man! That's insane. But he did care about the two-timing; he hated that aspect.

         So now he was lying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling, groaning to himself and turning over until he was on his stomach and his face was pressed into his pillow. It was then that Cindy walked into the room and sighed when she saw his position.

         "What happened?" she asked him as she took a seat at the foot of his bed. He just groaned in response and he knew that she was rolling her eyes, "Groaning doesn't help me, Brennie."